“No sleep great food”

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed February 18, 2012

No sleep due to the people staying above me when they came in at 2:30 banging for over an hour till the night porter sorted it out I was due to start work at 6 so never got back to sleep the next day I complained again about what had happened the night before they seemed not to know or care I asked to move room and was told there was no one above me this evening well guess what there was I did get to sleep but even so I would have prefered to have been moved no ask how my stay was when I checked out this is the only time I have had a problem with this chain and have stayed in most of there in Scotland and had great stays this time they have let them selfs down

Room Tip: Up stairs only
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank colinrachelellie
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

This Premier Inn is in the same standard as all teh others, but like the others the staff make the difference.

Polite, friendly & helpful. The bar is pleasant & the food the usual fayre, cooked well & tasty.

The Auld Distillery was that in a past life but is now a clean, modern & tidy restaurant/bar. Do not expect old paintings, drafts or buckets of scotch! Nice to sit in & wortha visit.

Room Tip: All teh rooms are excellent Premier Inn quality, Room 29 was nice & quiet if that helps?
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SetonSteele
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Perfectly adaquate, with good breakfasts, but showing its age a bit: old-fashioned CRT 4x3 TVs in the rooms, and bathrooms fans very noisy. But the biggest disapointment was the attached "Bar/Restaurant": call the "Auld Distillery" it was anything but old and paid no respect to any previous use of the site -

it was so bland you could have been anywhere in the world - oh, and there didn't even have proper beer available. 8/10 for the accomodation. 4/10 for the bar/restaurant (and that's only because of the breakfast).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank robwks7
Bart_OpsManager, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear Sir, thank you for taking your time to give us feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to tell you the hotel is undergoing a massive refurbishment and as part of this project the old TVs are being replaced with brand new wall mounted 40" plasmas as well as brand new furniture, bathrooms, acoustic windows etc. This is one of the reasons why we value guest feedback so much and we make sure every review is being passed on to our head office. When it comes to the history of the building yes it is true the restaurant is well known under its original name of The Auld Distillery and I can assure we fully respect how much Highland history is hidden away within those walls. The Millburn malt is still on sale in local whisky shops. I believe the restaurant & kitchen teams always place the quality of food & service ahead of anything else, decor even if slightly outdated isnt a true reflection of the great value for money we provide. With regards.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

The Milburn Road Premier Inn is a favourite in Inverness and it is easy to see why. Just 10 minutes walk away from the city centre - it is a great base from which to explore Inverness and a good chunk of the Highlands. My family saved a lot of money by sleeping there for a week and going out on day trips.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank GerryReynoldsMSc

Thank you for the feedback, I am guessing you booked your room online via Premier Saver offer, it is true this offer is a great saving when you plan your trips in advance. The best way to get the best rate. It is great to hear we are the favourite ones in Inverness too, my team will be very glad to hear this. Also, if you liked us the last time you will be amazed with the product we have in rooms now as the whole hotel is being refurbished and once finished the site is going to have the highest Premier Inn spec in rooms including wall mounted 40" TVs. I hope to see you again. Thank you.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

You know what you get when you stay at a Premier Inn and Inverness Millburn Rd is no exception. All the staff we met were friendly and helpfull. No compalints at all.

The hotel is a steady 10 minute work into the centre of Inverness or a £4 taxi ride.

The food in the restaurant was excelent.

An excellent weekend all round.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Stuart, thank you for feedback . It is always so good to hear when someone had a good weekend at the hotel. The quality of the customer service as well as the quality of food in the restaurant next door have always been our priority. I will pass all your comments to my team. I hope to see you again in the future. You should come back sometime for another relaxing weekend and check out our brand new rooms. Thank you.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Extremely helpful staff who went the extra mile. We had a swim team who required breakfast very early and food in the evening quickly. The restaurant manager was brilliant and bent over backwards to keep 25 swimmers fed and watered.

• Stayed: December 2011

Hi Audrey, thank you for your feedback. It is always good to have you with us. I am very glad once again you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you all again in a very near future. Do not hesitate to give us a call if you want to arrange an early breakfast on your next stay. With regards.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

My partner and I booked a 2-night stay here to be in Inverness for Hogmanay and attend the live concert and fireworks to bring in the New Year. We had a family room so another family member could stay but in the end we had 'the largest room in the hotel' to ourselves (room 56). Room and facilities all clean and tidy. Bathroom also has a bath. The TV was probably too small for the large room but it didn't bother us. Only downside was that the mattress was a little soft for our liking but it did not disturb sleep.
Location - 15 mins walking distance of city centre. There is ample parking. There is a handy pub annex where breakfast is also served. A supermarket (Morrisons) is 5 mins walk away too.

Room Tip: Although there is a main road to the front and the railway is beyond that there was no disturbance f...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Bart_OpsManager, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Hi. It is so good to hear you had a great Hogmanay in Inverness and a really good stay at the hotel. I remember talking to you on check in regarding the size of the room but I am sure you were surprised how big it was anyway. I would like to let you know that we have a big refurbishment planned for February & all our TVs will be upgraded to brand new plasma screens which will make a huge difference especially in our bigger rooms. It is a shame your stay wasnt perfect, however taking your feedback into account we have decided to complete a full mattress survey to ensure we have the highest quality bedding in all our rooms. See you next time & Happy New Year.