“1st Class . . .”
Review of Cafe V8

Cafe V8
Ranked #108 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Glad to see the place open again and happier to see it totally transformed. I ordered the full breakfast while my friend ordered a mini V8, both arrived in a timely manner and was 1st class, we cleaned the plates and left.

The service was good, the place was clean and the toilets were spotless, what more could we ask for.

Well done, keep up the good work.

2  Thank Highlander818

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Had to wait almost 2 hours for my delivery then when it finally arrived it was wrong. Phoned and got them to send out the right order then after an hour of not arrived had to phone back up. Then was told they didn't send it out. Told them I want my money back and they agreed then never showed up with the money. Absolutely terrible service. Never again will I be using them!

3  Thank Paul F
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Having been before for take-away soups and found them tasty and very well priced today's visit was unfortunatly quite a dissapontment. I had ordered the Haggis, Neeps and tatties.

It was quite a busy lunch time so didnt mind the wait for it however when I did revieve it the neeps had not been properly mashed, some chunks had green bits still on them and some parts of it I would say were still not cooked and were difficult to bite through. Also the neeps had never seen salt or pepper in its life!.

Will still use Cafe V8 in the hope that they can improve but was a shame considdering I was really warming to their food prior to today.

3  Thank D C
Reviewed January 9, 2014

As promised in my previous review (Teething pains?, November 2013) we visited V8 again, with friends, on 4th January, this time for lunch.

I’m pleased to report that on this occasion the café was warm and cosy, and even more pleased to report that the food was absolutely great! We ordered bangers and mash, a venison burger, a steak burger, and a haggis-stuffed chicken. All of the dishes were well-cooked, nicely presented, and tasted absolutely great. And so reasonably priced – one of our friends commented that for the price of a garbage burger at a fast-food restaurant you can get a proper meal in V8.

Finally, with regard to the service which I mentioned in particular in my previous review, on this occasion service was prompt and very friendly, but still seemed a little disorganized, with the waitress coming back several times to check items on our order. However, perhaps she was just inexperienced.

In conclusion we look forward to visiting V8 again (and again!), and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Took kids for tea good food and service good price and very clean as all new would go again kids menu limited ended up paying for full size meal which got wasted but everything else very good