“Grand Old Hotel”
Review of Beaufort Hotel

Beaufort Hotel
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I loved the ambiance of this place. Grand old home turned into a Hotel. Rooms were nice not too small had everything we needed. In house dining was delicious with great choices on the menu. Lots of steps for those not too fit ask for a room downstairs. Bit like a rabbit warren due to all of the essential fire doors for safety reasons.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the small boutique style of this hotel. If you don't like steps it wouldn't be for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie H

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I booked this hotel as I was staying in Inverness overnight en route to Ullapool. The hotel's location is good as it is a 5-10 minute walk to the town. Most of the staff were helpful and friendly and it is such a shame that my experience was tainted by the surly attitude of ONE staff member who was clearly unhappy in his job!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Only a few minutes walk from the Castle in a leafy location. We were exhausted on getting to Inverness and decided to eat at the hotel on the night of arrival. We were not disappointed and after some delicious food had a great sleep in our impeccably, Scottish stylised room. There's nothing like highland hospitality and the warmth and customer care at the Beaufort enriched our getaway getting it right.

Room Tip: Different tariffs are available, we paid a little bit more on booking and got an amazing room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AJS202014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Staff were great. I arrived early and just wanted to leave my bag. They checked and my room was ready so I was able to go up and leave my stuff. Room was dark and insufferably stuffy. The window was open and the noisy kitchen ventilator fan was just a few feet away. So swelter with the window closed or open it and suffer the woomwoomwoom.

Never mind. I wasn't stopping long - I wanted to get out and see the city. I nipped down to ask for the wifi key - it's free - and mentioned the room noise. I was told that's why I was assigned room 12 - it has good wifi. Hohum. The fan goes off when the kitchen closes.

Returned later and just lived with the noise until I'd showered and changed and gone out again. It was off when I went to bed.

Had great service in the bar and restaurant. Food was excellent. Good range of single malts in the bar. No complaints at all.

Early Sunday morning - the fan goes on. Oh well. I was awake anyway...

Breakfast was good. Service good. I wanted to see the some more sights before I left for the airport so I left my bags and they ordered me a taxi. No problem. I mentioned the noisy room again and they were sympathetic.

Overall this is a little gem of a hotel. Just don't take room 12

Room Tip: Avoid room 12
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mar5kmozart
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night due to working in Inverness hotel staff very pleasant rooms clean with tea and coffee facility's food was good comfortable eating in a nice bar . Also available to eat in restuarant .good choice of breakfasts in morning Parking available not far from town centre . Overall nice place to stay ..

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The staff at Beaufort Hotel were helpful and polite.
The hotel was a little old fashioned, but the room was clean. It took us ages to find our room, having to go through 3 sets fo fire doors. The walls were very thin, and we could hear everything happening next door. Wifi was only available in the bar ...
Not a bad experience, but not a fantastic one .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in the Beaufort initially intending to stay only 2 nights but needed to extend my stay which was no problem. the staff were very friendly and helpful overall a very welcoming atmosphere the hotel is decorated to a high standard and is clean and comfortable, the food available is excellent particularly the Highland Breakfast which is superb and very generous. Off street parking is available The Beaufort is about 5 minutes walk to the City centre 8-10 minutes walk to or from the railway station. I had a very nice stay in Inverness thanks to the Beaufort Hotel which was an Oasis of calm and comfort to return to each evening it also has a very comfortable pleasant and well stocked bar for evening drinks. I very much hope to return again soon thank you all.

Room Tip: Ask for room to the rear are the quietest though all rooms are well insulated against noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business