“We loved this modern Scottish hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beaufort Hotel

Beaufort Hotel
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“We loved this modern Scottish hotel”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We loved the modern Scottish decor in this recently (?) remodeled hotel with old original charm. We had a small problem, the lights suddenly stopped working in the bathroom, they very apologetically upgraded us to a bigger room. Breakfast was good, the smoked fish amazing. I'd say it's right on par for a 3 star, maybe slightly better. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all over Europe but rarely have I found such excellent service from all levels of staff. The restaurant prepared such an excellent evening meal that I would place it in my top five meals from any hotel. Perfect stay.

• Stayed August 2011
Scotland
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Had a fabulous family weekend at the Beaufort. We were looked after so well from the moment we arrived until our morning of departure. All the staff but particularly Graham the General Manager couldn't do enough for us. The food in the Restaurant was first class with the steaks the best we have ever sampled not to mention the delicious Scottish breakfasts. We really couldn't have asked for better treatment. The hotel itself has been tastefully refurbished and we loved our jacuzzi bath. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My Partner and I stayed here over a weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay,The service we were given was fantastic and we both felt like we were well looked after by all members of staff,With the town centre being a 2min walk away we both had a great weekend staying at this great hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Highland, Scotland
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Beaufort whilst we visited family. We found the whole experience fantastic and will definately return. The staff were so helpful and really made us feel welcome. Rooms were clean, food great and the atmosphere in the bar was fab. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2011

On the 4th August I was travelling from Edinburgh to Wick but due to Trans Pennine train being late into Edinburgh, I knew when I set out to Inverness that I had missed the last train to Wick. I thought I had better book a hotel in inverness. I booked the Beaufort from the train at about 6.00pm. The room was the only one I could find in Inverness due to an event that weekend. After a lot of hassle, I then managed to persuade Trans Pennine to send me by car to Wick so did not need the hotel. Phoned up the Beaufort, explained, the chap on the phone was understanding and said would not charge me for the room. Get my credit card statement and they have..........not nice.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Pilotinparadise
Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed in the hotel with my parents for a few days. The restaurant and reception areas of the hotel are nice but give a false impression of the hotel. We had booked one single and a double room and when we were shown to them were very disappointed. They were very basic and certainly not value for money. We mentioned to staff that we were disappointed and within a short time we were moved to two upgraded rooms which were much nicer. To be honest, if we had had to stay in the first rooms, we would not have enjoyed returning ot the hotel after our day out. The staff were very nice and attentive and the food was good although the portions were far too large. The breakfasts were slightly disappointing and there could have been a better selection including black pudding, beans and mushroom, which is the normal for a Scottish breakfast along with what was already on the menu. It was a bit annoying to have to always ask for more coffee at breakfast and would be a good idea to have a pot of coffee instead. We felt the hotel could benefit from providing toiletries rather than soap / shampoo in a container on the wall and also something to eat with the beverages provided. This hotel is rated 3 star but not worthy of this grading.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family