“so friendly place”

Inverness Bike Hire
More attraction details
Owner description: we specialise in all types of mountain and hybrid bikes suited to all degrees of riding proficiency. we are situated in the Caledonian Gift shop beside the clock tower and infront of the tourist information centre right in the centre of the city.we offer great advice and maps to enhance your riding experience of Inverness.
London, United Kingdom
“so friendly place”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

end of the March first time I went to Scotland, and I have picked up Inverness. it was great idea of me to rent a bike. I did google search and I find not a typical bike place but the Caledonian Gifts and Souvenir Shop. Turns that cost is much cheaper than the bike hire recommended by Visit Scotland. Also there were Martin, the most friendly and helpful person in the town :) lots of info and tips from him for my day out on bike. The bikes are in a good condition and you can get maps, helmets and locks for the bike without additional paying. If you are planning to visit Inverness - make a room for a bike cycling. the best way of exploring Scotland.

Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

highlandspirit, Manager at Inverness Bike Hire, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Many thanks for you great review. what more can i say. thank you and we hope to see you again. and thanks for the photo. great pic.!

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great bikes”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was given a really good mountain bike. Some hire bikes can be pretty rickety. The staff made sure that I was comfortable and that I had all the information I needed. I loved he Scottish sense of humour of the guy running the business.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Martin B, Owner at Inverness Bike Hire, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
many thanks for your great review of the positive experience you had with us. as you may have gathered we try and make business FUN for all concerned. hope to see you again.
Oslo, Norway
“Nice bike ride in Scotland”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I took the bike ride up to Loch Ness, a pleasant 1.5 hour ride, and 0.5 hours back (downhill).

The only thing is that the bikes are all fairly small, not suited for big people (had to lean forward a lot), and don't have suspension (every rock can be felt in the bones)
Nice and friendly service, with all the necessary gear for a fun time!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

highlandspirit, Manager at Inverness Bike Hire, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
we are glad you had a fun time. i am sorry that on this occasion we couldnt match you up with your ideal bike but even though we have over 30 bikes in stock , some hybrid and some suspension mountain bikes we do sometimes get it wrong. please stop by next time you are in Inverness and we will make sure you have an even more fun filled and comfortable day.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best place in Inverness!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We founds the bikes easy to ride and they were high quality! The staff was lovely! The price was was fine! We recommend this place! Ozge & Gokce from Turkey!

Visited April 2014
many thanks for your positive review. we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. hope we see you back in Inverness very soon
Barcelona, Spain
“Good experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Due to a long work trip I had to stay for a weekend in Inverness, so I decided to rent a bike and ride around the city and enjoy the nature, I was fortunate to find this shop, they are very friendly, and informative even if I didn't book many days in advance, I just e-mailed them the day before my arrival, so I decided to go to Loch Ness with a personal guide, Ash, who was amazing, giving a lot of information about the surroundings, recommendations about possible future routes if I ever come back to the area. Very recommendable. Besides the bike they also provide with other necessary stuff as helmet or high visibility vest.

Visited March 2014
highlandspirit, Manager at Inverness Bike Hire, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi Chris, many thanks for your positive review, its really appreciated. Naturally we are pleased that you had a great time with our personal guide, of which we have 3. Our guides really enjoy what they do and its always great to receive a pat on the back at the same time. we really do hope you will come back to Inverness very soon.