“Great base for Inverness”

Christine's Guest House
Christine's Guest House
Ranked #122 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Luton, United Kingdom
“Great base for Inverness”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had stayed here before and was happy. After driving up I needed to stay in a guest house rather than a hotel as this was for five nights. I don`t subscribe to the SKI club. (Spend the kids inheritance!)

This time I was in a single room. It was spacious and comfortable with plenty of furniture to hang clothes etc. It looks as though its been completely modernised to a very high standard.

I slept well every night and no complaints

But the breakfast! There was always juices, cereals and fresh fruit, plus the best cooked breakfast to follow. It included everything you want and you can vary how you have your eggs cooked. The expensive hotels were no match for Bobs breakfast. It meant I could go touring for the day and didn`t need anything. It was tasty and wholesome. Thanks Bob!

Chris and Bob were really helpful with directing me for trips out, but I had a good idea of place to go to where I had been with my wife

Would I return? A wholehearted yes. Comfortable, fresh modern accommodation. Fantastic value for money and a breakfast to launch you for the day. All within a few minutes of the city centre. Perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Robert M, Owner at Christine's Guest House, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Roy M
It was a delight for Christine and I to see you again, albeit as a solo. We were very sorry to hear of your recent loss and understand you were doing this trip as memories. Thank you for having found the time and energy to write your review, knowing how it must have been travelling alone, it means a lot to us.
We wish you and your children (The non ski members) happiness in your and their future. As a final word...."Haste ye back." Bob and Christine.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Spent 2 nights here. My husband and I enjoyed the lovely breakfasts, spacious room etc. Our room had its own shower, but we had to share the toilet facilities. Not much of a problem... but keep this in mind when you book. Lovely hosts! There is no price that one can put on the friendliness of these people!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Robert M, Owner at Christine's Guest House, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear LindiK1234
Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your couple of days with us and that we provided a good service. This hopefully makes up for the 'shared facilities' you mention but it is noted on the sites we advertise on and also in the emails we send to guests during the reservation process.. (You too received one, I checked)
Albeit a glitch, we too enjoyed your stay and wish you and your son good health.
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Thank you to Bob & Christine for making our stay with you so welcoming. We are still living off the lovely breakfasts you cooked for us Bob. Katie says woof to Christine for looking after her too whilst we had a night out. Hope to stay again next time we are up if you have any vacancies. Regards Carol, Andy and Katie.

Room Tip: Our twin room at front was very comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Robert M, Owner at Christine's Guest House, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear CarolAndy27
Thank you very much for your review. I can only suggest you hurry back with Katie as she's now raised Christine's 'maternal' instincts for another woof woof!
Fortunately, I do not eat the breakfast as such, think I'd be a 'Mister Blobby' look alike by now! so glad you enjoyed yours though. Until the next time, take care and a big woof to Katie.
Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was made very welcome and very much appreciated Bob and Christine's friendliness. The guest House is perfectly located just a short and pleasant walk from the rail and bus stations and the shopping centre. My room was very comfortable - spotlessly clean and well furnished. Bob cooks a super breakfast and Christine knocked me up a much appreciated chicken sandwich and salad on my arrival, rather late in the evening after a full day's travel. This is definitely a Guest House I hope to return to. Thank you Bob and Christine.

David Lowe, Sherborne, Dorset

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear dlowe61
Thank you very much for your ratings and comments. We were quite concerned on your arrival at the time you had been travelling and could see it had taken it's toll. Christine saw you needed a wee bit of TLC, thus the 'knocked up' chicken sandwich! Fortunately, you looked a new man at breakfast and a couple of days later ready for your long haul back home. We too hope to see you in the future but suggest you take 'the quick route' and in the mean time wish you well.
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I highly enjoyed my stay in this well located accommodation. The very comfortably furnished rooms are absolutely clean and everything you might need is available on site. The comprehensive breakfast includes everything from a full scottish to a yummy fruit salad and yogurt in a very familiar atmosphere. The WiFi is quick and you have connection in every part of the house. It was even possible to have one small business meeting in the breakfast room, while we were offered tea and biscuits. The always good humored and sweet natured hosts Bob and Christine are one lovely couple who will make you feel like home. I can keenly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Robert M, Owner at Christine's Guest House, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Ingvar, thank you very much for your review. We do try to make our guests, whether for business or pleasure as comfortable as possible and in your case, we succeeded. I'm a little surprised that 'tea and biscuits' were sufficient as Christine's real forte are conference lunches...something for the future perhaps!! Again Ingvar, we are delighted that your stay was 'perfect' and hope to see you again in the near future.. Bob and Christine
East Calder, Scotland
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was already booked into the guest house and my husband and his brother finished their canoe trip a day early and a special effort was made by Christine and Bob to accommodate them. Their canoe was stored away securely and all their wet clothes dried off. Christine gave us good advice where to go for our tea, and the next morning we enjoyed a hearty breakfast before setting off back home. If we were to return to Inverness we would not consider going anywhere else. The accommodation was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Our room faced the road and we were not aware of road noise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert M, Owner at Christine's Guest House, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Lyndamac. Thank you for your positive review. The canoe was no problem but as for your husband and his brother, well....!! (haha) We were only too happy to have had room for you all and look forward to your next visit to Inverness.
All the best for the next 'paddle'. Bob and Christine.
Scotland, UK
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Small family run guest HOME, everything as stated on the web site. Owners were very helpful and attentive. Bobs belly bursting breakfast puts five star hotels to shame. Worth every penny paid and will certainly return there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Robert M, Owner at Christine's Guest House, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear mclmcn
Thank you for your review, "Belly Bursting" indeed, ha ha. Can't have our guests leaving half empty!! Until the next time, take care.