“Bizarre, eccentric, mad but enjoyable!”
Review of Ship Space

Ship Space
Ranked #20 of 91 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Free. 10am - 3pm. Includes 1:10 scale Titanic model and exhibit.No parking, drop-off only. Nearest parking Telford St Retail Park.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Well, what can I say about this? The entrance to the museum scared me (especially after reading the reviews on here) - an old gate tied up with string which leads you to what looks like a scrapyard. It is to a degree - to me this place is the guy's hobby that he has transformed his house into, is passionate about it and wants to share it with everyone. There is no charge, so how can you complain??

You go up the stairs to the inside museum. We had our son who is 7, daughter who is 4 and cousin who is also 7 with us. There was a small area inside that had puzzles etc, and they happily played here for about half an hour with each other. Lots of memorabilia on the walls about all sorts of things. Then you go downstairs and there is a lifeboat dinghy which the kids can get in, a box of dressing up hats etc and an inflatable life raft. Again, all a bit bizarre but the kids LOVED it!!

Then you head outside - it is a health and safety nightmare, but if you look beyond that it is a great place for kids. If you don't like your kids climbing up trees or getting dirty etc then don't bring them here. There is a very small climbing area with a slide that they played on, a real life boat which they went on and in, a model Titanic which you can also go in (it is a bit strange with dummys the kids didnt like), and an underwater sea submarine - again which they went in.

We walked up the steps at the back which lead to the river to find somewhere for lunch, but the kids wanted to go back.

If my husband and I went here on our own, I think I would have been disappointed, but the kids loved it. Its free and as people have said on here before rather quirky!!

2  Thank juddles1

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Took my two kids to this and they loved it, as did we. How refreshing for kids to be able to touch and feel things, this is what sparks their interest and keeps it. Had a great time and will definitely return on our next visit to Inverness.

1  Thank ClaireMahoney
Reviewed July 30, 2014

After reading these reviews we decided to visit the Titanic Museum as part of our tour of Inverness. We walked half an hour from the city centre and were looking forward to having a look around! Don't be fooled by the glowing reviews on here........the so called 'museum' should change it's name to 'scrap yard', there is nothing remotely interesting about a mans strange fascination with making poor copies of titanic memorabilia and his obsession with security cameras. A very strange place that in my opinion shouldn't be marketed as a tourist attraction.

10  Thank jigg
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was slightly dubious as to how good a titanic museum could be in inverness but to my delight I found this place to be utterly fantastic! So much effort has been put into this and it has clearly paid off! The museum has lots of memorabilia showcasing the media around the ship and the scale model is just amazing for adults and kids alike. Furthermore there are quirky little models randomly dotted about the garden that just adds to the sense of wonder one feels whilst visiting. Definitely will be recommending!

1  Thank Elaine J
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Plenty of Titanic memorabilia, and information from before, during and after the voyage. Take care going into the boats outside.