“Very nice museum”

Ship Space
Ranked #19 of 92 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Free. 10am - 3pm. Includes 1:10 scale Titanic model and exhibit.No parking, drop-off only. Nearest parking Telford St Retail Park.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This museum is very new, clean, easy to follow and interesting. Enjoyed learning so much about the Titanic.

1  Thank adventuresabroad
There are newer reviews for Ship Space

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were looking for something to do with a friend, so we looked on trip advisor and found this. We thought that it looked interesting, and we were imediately intrigued.

When we arrived, we saw a rusty gate and a garden full of boats. We were shown the door by the owner and entered the building. It was filled with little tickets from titanic, titanic film posters, pictures of the deck an the inside of the boat, a video documentary of the wreck, real porcelain from the boat and even a real life jacket. For younger ones, there were little puzzles and activities and loads of fun facts on the walls. The place is stuffed with information. When we went downstairs, there was even more, and a fun wee video game to top it all off.

Outside was a garden full of boats which you can go inside. And a model of titanic with a small cafe inside. And can I just mention, this is all free and every excess donation to the upkeep goes to the RNLI! The owner was lovely, and he showed us how the chimneys on the model even puffed out smoke. I have to say, its not your normal museum ;) . I am age twelve, and I think it appeals to everyone and it even moves you a little bit. It's un pretentious, fun and quirky. I really enjoyed the visit, and I would recommend it to everyone :D :D :D

4  Thank Caswells53
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Whilst checking reviews on trip advisor I found the Titanic museam. My partner and I found it very enjoyable, the owner was very friendly, he has created a lovely museam
If your visiting Inverness this is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Whilst walking along the canal towpath I saw a model of RMS Titanic, I saw various other nautical memorabilia in the garden of a house. The hand written blackboard and the rusty old gate would be tempt many to pass by. However something attracted me to the eccentricity of this little museum. It turned out it was one mans devotion to all things Titanic. He had converted the extension of his private house into this museum and invited anyone to go and take a look. It was fascinating. In the basement of the property was even a games console rigged up in a speed boat, and an interesting film about a dive on the Titanic herself. Various signs invited you to play with exhibits to see how they worked.

Whilst walking around outside I went to the Titanic model inside was a small kitchen area with Tea and Coffee based on an honesty system, however I was lucky to meet the owner of the collection, he offered me a coffee, most welcome on a cold day and we talked about his collection and his passion for anything nautical.

Don't walk past the gate this Museum is well worth a visit and this mans passion definitely beats that of museums elsewhere. What I love is that any money he receives in donation goes towards the RNLI.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

It is amazing what one person with a passion can do, well worth a visit. It's a bit quirky but we like quirky! Well worth a visit.