“Sows Ear”

Loch Ness House Beefeater
Ranked #99 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Championing the unique flavours which come with chargrill cooking methods, Beefeater Grill Loch Ness House offers a modern take on traditional steakhouse dining. Alongside an accomplished bar stock, prime meat cuts, fresh fish and wholesome vegetarian dishes make up the simple yet diverse Beefeater menu. Beefeater Grill restaurants pride themselves on sourcing the finest meat cuts and premium seasonal produce. Also renowned for its family-friendly welcome, Beefeater Grill presents a 'Little Eaters' menu, offering a fun range of dishes for children. Evoking a lively ambience and offering a menu filled with favourites, Beefeater restaurants are a consistent crowd pleaser.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

You know the saying - 'you cant make a silk purse out of sows ear?' This was the case when we had dinner here whilst staying at the excellent Premier Inn attached. The staff were perfectly fine so no problems there. However the quality of the food was pretty poor. I have eaten in Beefeaters before but this was worse than expected. The Nachos starter with so-called chilli dip had a bland, flavourless brown gooey chilli and extremely salty chips, most of which were the crumbs you find at the bottom of the packet - how on earth we were supposed to dip them into anything was beyond me. My caeser salad was absolutely drowned in ranch dressing and was wet and soggy with yet more of those salty nachos on top - croutons would have been more appropriate. But the worst thing was the chicken pieces in the salad. It had the texture of chicken that had been injected with tenderisers or water retaining chemicals. Really cheap, no texture and poor quality. I cannot blame the chef if the raw materials are substandard but other places seem to manage to provide the real deal at a similar price. I'd rather pay a bit more for taste and quality and leave satisfied. Other restaurants seem to manage it. In fact other Premier Inns we stayed at seemed to be linked to better restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Loch Ness House Beefeater

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Very slow service. Ordered medium rare steak, got a very well done steak. Sent it back only to be told it would be at least another ten minutes before i would get another. After fifteen minutes, i had cancelled the order. No way was i going to sit and eat when everyone in my company had finished eating ....all sixteen of them! This was my second time at this restaurant and the second time i did not get what i ordered. Apologies are fine when they are sincere but as i have been on the receiving end more than once, it is clear to me that the apologies are token gestures and nothing changes.
A friday night out in this restaurant and i had to order a carry out from elsewhere....poor, poor, poor! I dont want a refund....i want food!!! It is unlikely that i would give it a third chance.

Disgraceful.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The restaurant was very busy and we hadn't booked, however, the staff accommodated us very quickly and our server Sally was very attentive and took our order quickly and was always available to take further orders and top up the free refills. The food was excellent and we will definitely be back.

1  Thank trappedinalampshade
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went with a friend for dinner and decided to order a starter to share and a burger which I paid for and my friend paid for her own fish and chips, Maybe a mistake we made was not saying we had ordered it together and wanted the starter first and then our mains, but the starter came along with my friends main course and her fish was cold by the time we finished the starter.
Then the fire alarms started as the fans were not working in the kitchen, this delayed my main course by over 3/4 hour and had to go and ask at the bar as no apology was made!!
Despite all this our meals were lovely and we were offered a desert each and coffee on the house which despite being very full we took advantage of.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Food was good and reasonably priced. We enjoyed sitting in the pub section. The waiters were gracious.