Maple Court Hotel
$311
$118
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Spent one night in a very warm and cosy room. Comfortable bed, nice hospitality tray and large towels provided. Let down by the en-suite as it needed upgrading. Shower was poor, lack of power and keep falling about when in use. The bath seal was positively grubby and off-putting.
Breakfast was great, freshly cooked and served by a very pleasant waitress. We much appreciated the fact that we were able to be served slightly before the 7.30am start time as this helped greatly with travel plans. Hotel is in a beautiful setting, beside the river and a short stroll to the city centre where you will find all you need in way of food, drink and shopping. Despite the negative points regarding the shower, otherwise everything was spot on and we would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Magoo26
MapleCourtHotel, Owner at Maple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We have just taken over the management of Maple Court in the last few weeks and I am glad your stay overall was a good one.
I apologise you felt the bathrooms needed an upgrade and we have already undertaken a review of all areas of the hotel and some minor upgrading has already taken place since your stay.
Once again many thanks for your review and I hope we can welcome you back to the Maple Court again in the future.

Best Wishes
Robert McPhee

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Spent two night here and had a very pleasant stay. I've read many reviews here and I have say I am totally perplexed by some of the remarks. This hotel is lovely. The staff couldn't have been more helpful if they tried. The room was large, bright and clean. The bed was one of the comfiest I've had in a hotel for ages. Breakfast was so big I didn't even attempt lunch until 2:30pm. When I some previous comments, I am honestly left wondering if the folk have found the right hotel because this place was just lovely!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Only stayed one night on a driving holiday around Scotland. Beautiful garden overlooking the river. it was a quiet, pleasant and clean room and the cooked breakfast was very enjoyable. Helpful advice from the owner/manager Peter, who suggested wedrive all the way around Loch Ness. What a great suggestion as we got to see grouse, deer and stunning scenery.
The hotel had some playground equipment which was well used by our 8 year old.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel on several occassions during buissness and plesure visits to Inverness. I have always been given exellent service by a fantastic team of staff and feel welcome and comfortable in the warm friendly enviorment and atmosphere. I have stayed in a variety of rooms and have felt comfortable in every room i have stayed in. Breakfast in the morning has always been to a exellent high standard with a varied selection. I will be deffenetlty visiting this hotel again. The only thing i could be critical about is the soup in the evening was slightly salty for my liking.

Room Tip: Room 9 has been my favorite room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Despite the friendly welcome and attention by the young lady who seemed to be receptionist, barmaid and waitress this was a pretty depressing one night stop over experience.

The hotel is in a lovely location right beside the River Ness and just a 10 minute walk from the town centre but it is dated, and needs refurbishing in decor, carpet and furnishings. Dull lighting exacerbated the depressing effect, although the log fire in the lounge did warm the room nicely. To be fair the bedroom was a good size and had a good TV and lots of storage, but a less than comfortable bed. The en suite bathroom was cramped and the shower low on pressure with lukewarm water.

Seeing the place, we elected to have dinner out (the Contrast Brasserie across the river footbridge was excellent). A good decision. Breakfast next morning was good, though, with a decent selection (scrambled egg with smoked salmon was good).

It's a pity this place has been allowed to deteriorate and until it is brought up to date I would avoid it. As a complete contrast we stayed at a Premier Inn the next night, for less than half the price (£29) and it was clean, modern and all round really good.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple