Moyness House
Kingsmills Hotel(Inverness)
$355
$124
  • Pool
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
$151
$131
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssitting roomplace to staybreakfast was deliciouscity centrebeautiful houseguest houseoff street parkingeasy walking distanceperfect hoststhought of everythingquiet neighborhoodfew minutes walkspent nightsthe rivercomfortable bedseden courtbed and breakfast
Reviewed September 30, 2007

We have just returned from a trip around Scotland. While in Inverness we stayed at the Moyness House. Our room was lovely and clean. The sitting room was very pleasant and comfy. Jenny helped us so much with maps, travel plans and dinner reservations. She is so friendly! We had chats over breakfast with other guests and her mother -in-law, who was helping in place of Jenny's husband, was tops. One tip. When making reservations, if Jenny says you need dinner reservations, do it! Weekends in Inverness are busy. We saw many people turned away from restaurants in the Highlands because they were totally booked. Most of the guest houses and B & B's were also filled.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank norms_mom
Reviewed September 26, 2007

Our stay was fab, the house itself is beautiful, loved and cared for, not just a business.So calm and relaxing. Rooms are spacious&spotless, exactly as shown on website.
Location fantastic, quiet residential area but 5-10 mins walk to Inverness town centre for great nightlife,then stroll home.
Our hosts Richard and Jenny are the perfect partnership,Richard the font of local knowledge (we saw places we would never have found) and Jenny who has perfected the art of the perfect full english.(or scottish) Produce sourced locally tastes divine.Extensive breakfast menu (my hubbie ate his way through it and back to full english) Everyones taste catered for.I felt so comfortable it was like staying with friends, Nothing was too much trouble even a sympathetic ear when we got soaked at the Runrig concert. I cant express how much you will enjoy your stay here. All I will say is book early as it is becoming so popular, that you will be lucky if you get a room. Give our love to Jenny and Richard.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wsilver00
Reviewed September 20, 2007

We unfortunately only had one night there as we were passing through Inverness. What can I say. We both enjoyed the beautifully clean and spotless room. Loved the bathroom with a decent shower and extra special toiletry touches. Everything down to the coffee cups was spot on. Breakfast was something I wish I could have everyday. No problem for the owners to toast my gluten free bread either. If I had more time I would have spent the day just relaxing there. The back yard was beautifully looked after as well, so I regretted not being able to have time there also. Everything so well maintained. Parking was on premises so that also was great. Owners were extremely helpful and friendly too. Only a short walk to town as well.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My sister and I decided to visit the Highlands for a short break this September. Our intended stay at the Moyness was to be 3 nights but actually we ended up staying 4 nights because we loved the place so much. The Moyness was recommended to us by a friend who had stayed there. All I can say is what a fantastic recommendation.

We found the bedrooms to be tastefully decorated, comfortable and spotlessly clean, a lot cleaner than some top hotels that I have stayed in. The beds were extremely comfortable which is quite unusual in a B & B, I did'nt want to get out of mine. They have thought of everything, right down to the smallest detail. The breakfast was absolutely scrummy, hence the stone increased in weight. No tinned fruit handed out here - all freshly prepared cut fruit, and I am still wondering how Jenny managed to get her eggs so perfectly shaped and not greasy. We met a lovely couple from Chicago staying there who also thought the place was wonderful. Richard our host was great at giving us advice on some interesting places to visit, I was worn out from driving but the places he told us to visit were well worth the car lag. He is an excellent host, very friendly and knowledgeable. We found the Moyness to be ideally situated, only a ten minute walk into town, five if you walk like my sister. Inverness is a great place to stay because it is very central for any sightseeing you may wish to do.

I would highly recommend the Moyness House to anyone wishing to stay in a clean, comfortable, friendly & not expensive B & B. Beats some 5 star hotels that I have stayed in, and I have stayed in a lot.

When I next visit Scotland I will most certainly be staying at the Moyness. I've already told my friends and family about the place.

Regards

Yvonne.

• Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank HoggieLiverpool
Reviewed September 13, 2007

A beautiful bed and breakfast. Nice rooms, very clean, close to city centre and very good breakfasts. A very relaxing living room to rest your weary feet. A good selection of tourist information available for all areas of Scotland. We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast if you are visiting the Highlands.

The Howards