“Excellent!”

Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here years ago and decided to come again for the night after our wedding. Which I hope shows how much we love the place.

It is not great value but we loved spoiling ourself here. We are 'foodies' and have really been impressed with both dinner and breakfast. I love the cocktail bar and the asmosphere of the place is great.

I feel it's very stylish but not pretentious.

We also love having a jacuzzi on the balcony in our room. Lovely!

• Stayed: March 2012
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for choosing Rocpool for the first night of your Honeynoon.
We were delighted to welcome you back and it is always a pleasure to read such kind comments.
I do hope that you will decide to treat yourselves again in the future and that we can welcome you back and provide you with another luxurious stay.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I recently spent one night in a Decadence Room at the Rocpool and were very impressed. Nicki and one of her staff came out to the car park to greet us on arrival and take our bag to our room. After pointing out the residents lounge and restaurant she showed us to our room - No 4. It was next to the bar which I thought might be a bit noisy but this was not a problem. The room itself was lovely with a sitting area with sofa, chairs and stools, flat screen TV, mini bar and a Tassimo coffee machine. This was separated from the bedroom area by a glass wall and door, which had a large very comfortable bed and another TV with DVD player as well as an I pod dock. The bathroom which was off the sitting area was huge with a large walk in shower as well as a free standing bath. There were slippers and bathrobes and lovely warm fluffy towels. My only slight criticism (and it is slight) is that the bathroom could benefit from improved lighting or at least a light on the make up mirror. We did not eat in the restaurant in the evening but we did have breakfast there and it was excellent. We were the only people in the dining room so had a lovely view from the bay window over to the other side of the river and beyond. The food was very fresh and cooked to order and was certainly one of the best hotel breakfasts that we have had for some time. The staff that we encountered both in the restaurant and the hotel were very nice and helpful. I would agree that the hotel is expensive but if you want to treat yourself I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us at Rocpool Reserve.
Our front of house team strive to create an atmosphere where service is attentive and friendly while behind the scenes, our experienced Chef's create Mr Roux's finest dishes that make each guest's stay even more memorable.
I am delighted that we have achieved this experience for you and I will ensure and share your kind words with the rest of the team.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I travelled all the way from leeds for this. Although I did not stay I had booked an evening meal. Very clean from first impressions, food was delicious especially the souffle. If it was not so far away, I'd definitely be a regular.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that people travel from afar to visit us, and we are even more delighted that you enjoyed Chefs signature dish, the Souffle Suissesse.
Next time you will need to make it an overnight visit and so you can enjoy the luxury and comfort of the Rocpool rooms.
Kind Regards

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed on Sunday night with my partner and was amazed at the quality of room and service. Eilidh was a lovely, pleasant lady and made us feel very welcome! Shall be back! Mr Gorman, Aberdeen. We both thought the bathroom was amazing. The breakfast was superb an absolute treat.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.
Eilidh… along with the hotels bathrooms, and Chef Breakfasts is one of our many treasured assets and I am delighted she made you feel so welcome.
We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I decided, as it was my last night of holidays to see what the best of Inverness can offer. It's the only Visitscotland 5 star rated hotel in the city so wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I was greeted at the door and I don't mean of my car which, to be honest, at almost £300, I kinda expected; especially after staying at Inver Lodge, Lochinver which is part of the same group and receiving this service.

I was immediately whisked to my room with no orientation whatsoever so once left alone, realised that I didn't know where I was going for dinner or if I wanted to get a drink at the bar.

The room (decadent) was spacious with a very classic look. It had a separate sitting area where one could read, watch TV and the like with a glass door taking you into the bedroom proper. The bed was really large, but I would've happily sacrificed the space for one matrass and base as you the small gap was noticeable during the evening. The room had a TV in the bedroom too, along with Internet (wireless and hard wire) FOC. The iPod docking station felt like maybe another guest had left it there!? It was quite a cheap and nasty little unit that looked very much out of place. The bathroom was large with seperate bath and walk-in shower. What would've been nice is to have speakers wired up so music could be played to give the large space some atmosphere.

The food was clearly of good quality and the double baked cheese soufflé was simply define! I've had many scallops that rate above the ones served here, but they were pleasant enough. The beef cheek and venison were full of flavour, but again nothing to really seperate them from any decent restaurant.

The service at dinner was very nice and the staff were attentive, but would've expected the wine to be poured for me.....

All in all, this is a nice place to stay but for the price of my room and board, I was expecting a much more memorable experience. If you're used to the price tag, and it's no biggy, you'll be less underwhelmed I guess.

I would struggle to justify the extra fee in comparison to that of the Drumossie to be honest, but a nice place to stay never the less.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Jam0catfish
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on your recent stay with us at Rocpool Reserve.

It was with interest I read your mixed review. I am surprised to learn about your check-in experience, our standard procedure is always to have a short guided orientation of our main hotel areas upon check-in and I am disappointed to hear that this was not provided for you. Please be advised that this is something that I will be looking in to.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious bedroom along with large TV and Free Wifi. It is certainly a first to hear negative feedback about our luxurious Emperor size beds. The Ipod Docking Station is certainly one of the perks of our Decadent Bedrooms and it is unfortunate that you were disappointed by this.

I am happy to read about your positive experience in our Chez Roux Restaurant, this is certainly a message which I will pass on to our Chef's. Regarding the pouring of your wine, this is a procedure which is of set standard in our restaurant and I cannot begin to fathom why this was not done for you.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the future, and should you let us know in advance, we will certainly ensure that your experience is much more positive.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked here for a couple of nights in Oct 12, the location is great only a five minute walk to the centre of town.The greeting we received when we arrived was very friendly.
When we got to our room we were a little dissapointed in the fact that our room was down stairs with a view of the carpark slightly more cramped than we imagined but very clean,we were offered to change rm but decided to keep with our first rm
That night we went to the chez roux restaurant in the hotel which seemed very appealing but not for me personally,although the staff were very attentive i felt it was a little to much and i didn't feel relaxed.The food was very average nothing spectacular, the breakfasts in the morning were much better.
All in all i would go again ,not the restaurant . The staff are so nice they outway the minor problems

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post this review on your recent stay at Rocpool Reserve Hotel.
I remember your family coming to stay with us and am very happy to hear that you appreciated the benefits of our City Centre location and used this to explore Inverness.
The staff at Rocpool dedicate themselves to making sure every guests needs are met during their time with us, and it is a delight to read that you were able to enjoy their efforts in doing this. I do understand that our style can not be to everyone’s taste though we do endeavour to be flexible and accommodating where necessary to ensure all diners with a variety of palates can be satisfied. We do welcome the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night and were upgraded to a beautiful room with an amazing bathroom on the lower floor. The staff were very friendly and efficient and the food was wonderful. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the town centre.
The only negative comment I would make is that the service at breakfast was a little slow. However, this did not change our opinion of this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: The room we had was particularly special, but I imagine they are all of a similar standard.