“EXCELLENT!”

Ranked #68 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Angela is such a wonderful host. She made us feel so comfortable and being the first hotel in Scotland that we stayed in, she sure made a remarkable impression. Very friendly and helpful, she can be easily reached if you need to ask any questions regarding the city or what to do. Her breakfast was also super delicious and with such a variety! The room we stayed is was very cosy and spacious for three of us. It was indeed a perfect place with value for money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank worldnomad07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dundee
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Room comfortable and clean, breakfast excellent, friendly hosts, easy walk into the town centre. It is unfortunate that it is located on a very busy noisy road next to a retail park (Lidls is directly opposite). Large trucks rumble pass throughout the day and night which actually shake the window panes. If you want a good nights sleep do not book in here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank alexander75
Hansville, WA
Reviewed January 3, 2010

The Pine Guest House is a 5 when it comes to the proprietor, and the place itself. The woman who runs it was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was a good full Scottish breakfast, the lounge was very comfortable and well stocked with books, DVDs etc—the house looks historical and is well kept and the family room we stayed in was comfortable, clean and cozy. The only reason I gave it a 4 is that it is on a kind of busy road (though the road noise was not noticeable) and it is a bit of a walk along that road to the old part of town but certainly manageable (about 10 minutes). I would recommend this Guest House overall.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TravellingFamily09
Stornoway
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Great hostess - welcoming, helpful, friendly. Nothing was too much hassle - even my strange dietary requirements. The accomodation was really clean. There was plenty of parking space. Great location for getting to things in Inverness. Highly recommend to people looking for places to stay in Inverness. I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Krysta1
highlands
Reviewed November 21, 2008

We received a warm and friendly welcome from the family who own this establishment. Nothing was too much trouble for them. THEY MADE A GOOD STAY GREAT!
Will certainly be back and would recommend this guest house to anyone planning a trip to Inverness.

• Liked — Warm and welcoming.
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bridges5
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2008

First impression was fine; though I was forced to lug my luggage around Inverness for several hours due to the fact that no one is there until 5pm. My bus had arrived at 12:33pm. Luckily it wasn't raining. Room was comfortable. I was warned that the shower took a while to warm up. 15 minutes later and on the highest heat it never got above luke warm. Having a luke warm shower both mornings in November is not a pleasure.
Then there was the bill. I had paid a deposit, which they denied. Not having my laptop with me, and no receipt, and therefore no proof I grudgingly paid the amount they said I owed them. On getting home I found out that I was indeed correct. Since getting home I have forwarded the proof to them and have received no reply. The tension during my stay was very uncomfortable and I just couldn't do justice to the breakfast which did look nice admittedly. I have travelled all over the world; and despite staying in some very basic and at times dubious accommodations this is the worst as far as bad experiences go.

• Liked — Comfortable room.
  • Disliked — The attiude of the hosts.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank lilythehamster
Pineinverness, owner at Pine Guest House, responded to this review, November 16, 2008
Having just read this ladys review with what I can only describe as utter astonishment, I will do my best to address the so called grievances made by the lady. Firstly I must point out her initial booking was made for a total of six nights which consisted of a single room for four nights and a double room for two nights, she arrived on the 12th November and informed my wife that she was cutting her stay short and would only require a single room for two nights, at this point in time we would have been well within our rights to charge her the full balance of her original reservation as is common policy in the hotel industry, she having given us absolutely no prior warning of her intentions to reduce her stay, this would have been a total of £212.00, which she was informed of by Email on the 28th October, not as her complaint states £162.00. We however informed her that she would only require too pay for a single room for two nights at £30.00 per night. We in the meantime lost bookings for the room due too herr shortened stay.
She requested a room to the rear of the house, this request I may point out was made after the time of her initial booking, this we obliged relocating her from a single room at the front of the house to a family room at the rear of the house, this we did at no extra charge to her.
My wife did her best to explain to her that the deposit she paid at the time of her initial booking was paid direct to Scottish Accommodation Index and not too us as she seemed to believe. I even went to the lengths of contacting Scottish Accommodation Index on her behalf to try and obtain a refund against her deposit. This obviously I did not have to do as any complaints she had regarding her deposit were between herself and Scottish Accommodation Index with whom she made her booking. My wife knocked on her bedroom door to try and explain to her what was required to do in order to obtain a refund, she was clearly not interested. I would also point to the fact that if she had taken the time to look at the information I had received from Scottish Accommodation Index she would have realised that she would have received a refund of £9.00, which would equate to a total cost to her of £51.00, less than the £54.00 she felt should have been charged.
I must also point out that not once during the ladys two day stay did she mention that there was a problem with the temperature in the shower.
I am disappointed that she feels that she was so badly treated, however I can assure you that we did our level best to accommodate all her requirements.
Dundalk
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We stayed at Pine Guest House, while attending Rock Ness and had a wonderful time, the hosts could not have been more accommodating, helpful and friendly, the rooms were both spacious and comfortable and there was a lovely relaxing lounge where we could spend the evening if it were not for the fact we were out every night we stayed. Breakfasts were top class, they even gave us breakfast at 7.00am on our last day as we had to be off early. I would certainly recommend Pine Guest House to anyone visiting Inverness. The House is situated a leisurley 10 minute walk from the city centre, ideal for nights out or shopping trips. I will definateley be back !!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends