“Weekend Break”

Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Longside
“Weekend Break”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Thankfully got a good deal for the hotel. The location is first class but the bedrooms are tired looking and in need of refurbishment. Everything is so dingy looking. The bonus was we had a river view bedroom. Would not have liked to pay more for this hotel. Owing to health reasons I requested a room on low floor for 2 of our friends. They were allocated a 3rd floor back bedroom at the furthest away corner. No way could they be allocated another room apparently. Breakfasts are adequate but on the Monday no brown bread, croissants or black pudding. They had ran out & it was the holiday. Laughable!! We were all very disappointed in general as we have stayed before and there is a remarkable deterioration especially in the bedrooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that some aspects you enjoyed and I fully take on board your comments and will ensure we take action where necessary. I do hope we can welcome you back soon. With best regards, Amy and team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Leeds
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here recently and needed somewhere for a stop over.

It was a pleasant stay. The scenery in front of the hotel is nice, which made the stay even more pleasant.

The bathroom is large. The room itself is large too.

No complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you much for your reveiw following your stay with us. My team are I are delighted you had a good time and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came here last year in a groupon deal. The hotel was pleasant with nice staff. As when ever I'm away staying at a hotel I use it for somewhere to sleep and to investigate from.

Hotel room was clean and stayed clean due to daily housekeeping. The room was spacious and comfortable however the room we had was facing the inside of square layout. This meant that the view we had was of the roof, of what I presume was the kitchen, and the rooms directly across. Not great but there is always a chance this could happen and I had been very lucky not to have it before. This was irrelevant due to the lovely views up to the castle/council building and also up and down the river, as soon as you leave the hotel.

The small kettle provided on the room did not work however this was a minor annoyance. We did not say to any staff however I am sure they would have changed it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review following your stay with us. I was delighted that you had a good time. I am sorry that there was an issue with your kettle. I do hope we have the great pleasure of welcomg you back very soon. With warm regards, Amy
Camrose, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Quirky hotel with uneven floors and crooked hallways. Interesting. Bed was comfortable and it was clean but we couldn't get the room to warm up even with the hot water knob all the way to high. And the bathroom was an ice cube. I called the front desk but they just told me to adjust the knob which I already had done. It was okay but not one of my favourite places to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that overall you enjoyed staying but please do accept my most sincere apologies if you were cold. I will address this with my team, as we should of offered you an extra heater. I do hope this will not deter you from returning to us and thank you for your valuable feedback. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2014

2 days was just not enough!! Loved Inverness, the hotel Columba is beautiful, the staff was super helpful, Brian the manager was wonderful!! He took care of everything always making sure we had everything we needed. Our room was very spacious and clean, the water pressure in the shower wasn't the best, but no big deal.
The location is also very good, easy to get to and easy walk to city center.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you had a good time and my team looked after you, and I will pass on your kind words, especially to Bryan. I do hope we have the great pleasure of welcomg you back soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba.
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a lovely stay at the Columba. The room we had was very nice although needed a wee bit of finishing. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. We had dinner one night and although it was tasty it was a bit 'pub grub'. Would recommend hotel to anyone visiting Inverness as it's location is excellent being right on the river in a good central location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following a recent stay with us, I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your very kind words will be shared with my team. I do hope we can welcome you back very soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel is situated on the banks of the river Ness a lovely view if your room is facing that way. We managed to get a late deal the room we stayed in was to the back of the hotel and looked out on other buildings.
The hotel does not have a car park so we had to use the cathedral car park approximately 400 metres away and costs £2.00 for a 24 hour stay.
On arrival the receptionist was very friendly explaining all the options for dinner, breakfast extras as part of the deal. (free cream tea and a bottle of wine). the area was clean and well kept, An add bonus was Wifi in all areas of the hotel.
The room (301) was reasonably sized twin room, it had a small window looking over roof tops to the rear of the hotel, the room was clean with the usual extras tea, coffee TV etc, there was not a safe in the room. the bathroom was of a good size and the paper was peeling off the walls, one morning the door was left open whilst showering this set of a alarm, and we hotel staff at our door within 15 minutes.
As part of the deal we had a £20 allowance for an evening meal, the menu of the restaurant had a good selection of meals within their set menu which allowed a three course meal. which was of a good quality the meals were served prompt after ordering, the staff were friendly,
The breakfast was serve yourself, with the availability of Haddock, poached eggs, porridge etc available on request.
This hotel was advertised as a 4 star hotel, which i thought was more than it deserved, it was a nice hotel but could do with a refurbishment to show off its many features

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for your reveiw following a recent stay with us. I was pleased that your enjoyed most aspects of your stay and services we offer, and your kind words will be shared with my team. I take on baord all your comments and will see what we can do to ensure we are continually improving on our products and services were possible. I hope we can welcome you back soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba