“Geordie Jaunt”

Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Geordie Jaunt”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights over Easter, greeted by pleasant lady on reception who was very helpful and patient despite being very busy with guests checking in and the phone constantly ringing. Nice clean room, immaculate bathroom, bottle of champagne included in deal. Evening meal was really nice, buffet breakfast is fab....plenty of choice although the sausages were awful!!! Ideal location, lovely walk along the river Ness to Whin park, would definitely stay here again, even the long train journey north is worth it in itself.

1 Thank sue m
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your review following a recent stay with us. I was delighted that we ticked most boxes for you and your very kind words will be shared with my team. I am sorry if the sausages were not to you liking, when you are next staying, drop me a line and I will see what I can do to ensure we can offer you a different choice. I hope we can welcome you back soon. With best regards, Amy and Team Columba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Auckland
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed at this superb hotel on the 16th / 17th April 2014. I arrived rather late after a flight from Norway and then a train from Aberdeen. The staff were very welcoming and obliging and coped well when the hotel was hit by the power outage effecting the entire area for about 1 hour. The hotel is a superb Victorian building and very warm and solid. While I was at the hotel there was a lovely recital of traditional Scottish music and dance. My room was superb and well furnished. Breakfast was excellent too and a delight to consume. It was well presented too. I hope to return there in the summer.

Room Tip: If arriving by train or coach make sure you know the way to the hotel as it is not at first easy to...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ChristopherAuckland
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay with us. My team will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we have the great pleasure of welcoming you back soon. With warm regards,Amy and Team Columba
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in room 310, lovely large room with an equally large bathroom both very clean. The staff were all excellent within the hotel and McNabs Bar was great, serving a really good steak. Breakfast was really good with cooked buffet breakfast, cereal, fruit juice and continental breakfast.
As said the hotel has no car park but the £2 car park nearby was good and the location of the hotel is excellent.
We had a disturbed nights sleep when the booster pump for a nearby bathroom ran on & off all night, not the hotels fault just someone leaving a dripping tap.

1 Thank Lorna M
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review following your stay with us. I was delighted you enjoyed our hotel and services. You very kind words will be shared with my team. I do hope we can welcome you back very soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Columba for one week whilst in Inverness visiting relatives. The staff are friendly and professional - particularly in reception and in McNabs bar. The waiting staff at breakfast were also very good. Martin in the bar was exceptional.
Our bedroom (127) needed updating and was quite dark. The mattress needs replacing and was quite uncomfortable. In hindsight we should have complained and asked for another room. However, the location is excellent and its proximity to the shops is a couple of minutes walk across the bridge. There is no hotel parking but we used the nearby Cathedral car park £2 for 24 hours.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank swansonlm
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed most aspects fo your stay, and your very kind comments will be shared with my team, epsecially Martin. I am sorry if you found the room dark and the mattress was uncomfortable, we would of been deligthed to offer you another room. I do hope we can welcome you back soon, please feel free to contact us direct so we can ensure we alloacte a more suitable room for you. Once again, many thanks for the feedback, it really does help us monitor how we are doing and make changes where necessary. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba.
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Lovely central hotel, reception staff very friendly, meal in bistro was good value for money, partner booked through groupon bottle of bubbly on arrival in room stayed in room 208 the views were of back hotel but overall a good break

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank linda912
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest, WOW, what a lovey review from your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you. They will be be over the moon. We do have some fab choices in our bistro and gives a variety from our restuarant offering, so I hope we can welcome you back very soon. Have a look at our websites for some great last minute deals, and thank you for your time to post a review. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba.
Skye
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here a few times now booking through late rooms .com , as always this time was just as good & comfortable , stayed in room 118 really warm big room big bed and fine bathroom , the view was nothing great but the curtains were drawn so it could have been any view .we didn't eat in the hotel this time , opted for a chinese instead , but we have eaten here before and were not disapointed . the buffet breakfast was exellent with a great choice and as it was help yourself theres no excuse for being hungry . Booked the room £60 with breakfast and 10% off voucher code took it to £54 . Exellent value 10/10

2 Thank abby m
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest, WOW, Thank you for your lovely review. I am so peased we ticked all boxes for you and the team will be equally over the moon by your kind feedback. It is such a morale boost for the team when we are recognised for the things we do right. I hope we can welcome you back very soon. We do have some fab offers if you book direct, so please do just give us a ring. With warm regards, Amy
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Columba Hotel was excellent. Good sized double room. Very clean. Friendly helpful staff (apart from the barman/manger in McNabs bistro last night who ignored us completely - that's ok, we ate elsewhere), McNab barmaid was lovely.
Breakfast was superb and again very nice staff.
Would recommend to anyone looking for a lovely clean hotel but beware of rude barman/receptionist.

Just one thing - shower was more of a trickle, pity, otherwise room was great.

Room Tip: Ask for River Ness view.
1 Thank tmm3
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel, Inverness, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your review. I am deligthed that you had a good stay with us your very kind words will be shared with my team. I am sorry if one of my team has not given you the same standard of service and will address this immediately, as you experienced it is not the service we deliver. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and thank you for your valuable feedback. With warm regards, Amy and Columba Team.