“slow service”

Filling Station
Ranked #83 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Filling Station coast to coast American restaurant and bar, has been created by a team of people who genuinely love good quality food, drinks and good times! No doubt you're thinking, well doesn't everybody want that? It's true many people do, but we have genuinely struggled to find somewhere that actually delivers all of these things. So our solution was simple - let's do it ourselves, the result is Filling Station
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to the Filling Station on a Tuesday lunch time. We only had to wait minutes for a seat and were served by a friendly waitress. Drink orders came quickly BUT that was the end of the efficiency! The food orders took well over 30 minutes to arrive by witch time we were getting fed up and ravenous!! When the food did eventually arrive there was no apology for the wait.. I also heard another set of customers inquiring how much longer they would have to wait This was a shame as it spoiled a pleasant day trip to Inverness. All in all don't go here if you are in a hurry!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Sat in the outside summer terrace for lunch and waited for over ten minutes before a menu was delivered. Another 20+ minutes passed before my order was taken. The resident seagull was meanwhile happily feasting on departed diners' leftovers on nearby tables. When the food finally arrived it was no more than OK. The battered mushrooms were like overly greasy Yorkshire puddings with mushroom buried deep within. Very disappointing overall and I certainly won't be back, seagull or not!

1  Thank dumelarra
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Chicken burger and chips were good but cheese burgers and chips were luke warm to cold. Had these been hot, it would have been very nice. We didnt eat it all, just enough to keep the humger at bay! The chicken burger came with a coldslaw type side, which was lovely. The waitress was very pleasant. At the end of our meal, when we asked for the bill the waitress asked us if we had enjoyed it and i felt it only fair to let her know that it had been served luke warm if not cold. She kindly apologised and explained that we should have let her know earlier and in fairness we should have done but we were a bit short of time and hungry so we let it go. I just thought i wouldnt go back. The waitress obviously alerted, who i assume was a manager, who came to us and apologised profusely explaining that if they had been told earlier it would have been absolutely no problem to have addressed our issue. She was extremely pleasant and to her credit convinced us to try this restaurant again, which we will do. The customer service we received was second to none.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We visited the Filling Station Sunday evening 6th of October and came away with mixed views.

The waitress was a joy, polite, attentive and professional despite being run off her feet. She took our order of 3 starters to share and 2 main courses without having to write them down. Great service.
Starters arrived of Garlic tomato bread (which was more like a naan bread) with an olive oil dip, Haggis Bites (4 bits) with salad and a dip, and Boston prawns (5 pieces) with salad and a dip. Top drawer food. The prawns were huge and my wife was apprehensive about the Haggis but she did try them. I personally would dine all day on that Haggis starter.
Mains however were a bit of a let down. My wife had the bbq chicken and I had the Cajun chicken. A nicely cooked chicken breast each with chips and 3 onion rings, wife got bbq sauce (I should have opted for that) I got a pot of cajun mayonaisse, not my preferred choice so I left it; menu should have been clearer. I got a corn cob too, that was nice. We didn't have pudding.
£12.95 for each main was a bit excessive and compared to the starters was a tad pricey. We would return but maybe do a kind of tapas thing where we get loads of starters rather than a main each.
The young lass serving us was great and when we paid by card we didn't tip electronically. Instead we gave her a cash tip to make sure the tip went to her or the team and not into the restaurant's coffers.
I'd say it's poor value for main meals.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Saturday evening at 5 pm, there was plenty of seats, place not too busy.waitress was friendly and chatty, and didn't have to wait long at all before she took out drinks and food order.
The food is pretty average, but at least you know what you are getting,before you go.Don't expect gourmet cooking,
I always said i wouldn't go back, but time, location ,and necessity for something quick to eat drove there
Music a touch too loud for me.
Overall the place fills a need.