“Nice fries, average burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Filling Station

Filling Station
Ranked #84 of 251 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: American, Bar, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Filling Station coast to coast American restaurant and bar, has been created by a team of people who genuinely love good quality food, drinks and good times! No doubt you're thinking, well doesn't everybody want that? It's true many people do, but we have genuinely struggled to find somewhere that actually delivers all of these things. So our solution was simple - let's do it ourselves, the result is Filling Station
“Nice fries, average burgers”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was here for dinner with my wife. We both had a burger. They were good but not outstanding. The meat was delicious and well seasoned but the bun was not that good and for my taste there was to much sauce on the burger.
The best part were the fries and that orange sauce they served with the burgers.
Last but not least the staff was friendly.

Visited July 2013

“Nice place, pricey drinks though”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Some of the drinks are on the pricey end of the scale - beer is especially expensive, although draught beer is cheaper but not well publicised.

Went here for a birthday meal and was slightly disappointed compared to usual. The birthday guest ordered steak which was a small steak, but when it turned up, it was pretty bogstandard indeed. There was only steak, chips and coleslaw. Most of the meals are like that it seems, and it's a shame you don't even get a salad garnish/small corn on cob/mushrooms/onion. The mains aren't cheap enough to warrant such basic portions. Having said that, we've had some nice meals here recently, so I can't say it's all bad.

• Visited July 2013
Fort William
“Great place”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I always make sure i make it to The Filling Station when ever I am in Inverness for a glass of prosecco and one of the tastey wraps and possibly the best fries that I have tasted. Service always good and great to be seated with a warm smile.

• Visited February 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A Leisurely Lunch in a Lively and Welcoming Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

En route home from John O Groats I had a few hours to spend in Inverness before going to the airport. Having arrived at lunch time I wanted somewhere comfortable to sit and eat a pleasant lunch and watch the world go by. A short distance from the bus station I chanced upon the Filling Station. I assumed that it was part of a chain but not one that I was familiar with. On entering I was greeted promptly and ,on requesting a table for one,I was efficiently shepherd thro' a crowded restaurant to a very suitable table adjacent to a window overlooking the street scene.
The staff were young and energetic . I enjoyed a good quality minestrone soup to start followed by a robust meatball calzone. Portions were good, food was hot and tasty, and the prices were very reasonable. I finished off with a generous chocolate dessert and a coffee and eventually went on my way having enjoyed a very pleasant and relaxed lunch.
The restaurant seemed to be a popular place for groups of friends to meet up ,resulting in an atmosphere with a pleasant lively buzz.
If I came across a restaurant from this chain elsewhere I would have no hesitation in choosing it again, assuming that their standards are consistent.

• Visited June 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good reastaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I used filing station for meal and I was very happy with service all waitress was friendly and nice for me, food was very good and it was looking nice and professionally prepared. Only one waitress didn't make a impression on me, she was standing and talking to manager for most of the time and she wasn't to friendly and professional. Her English was very poor, plus she was spit on me few time when she was talking and taking my order, she had funny smell to. Beside that I would fully recommend that restaurant to anyone.

• Visited June 2013