“Home from home”
Review of Fairfield Lodge

Fairfield Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Fairfield Lodge
Ranked #127 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went to Inverness for the new year and was lucky enough to stay at this b&b. it was great. Friendly,in fact felt like one of the family. The breakfast was amazing and was plentiful. The rooms are well appointed. Lots of plug points, and set out really well. The place is spotless, bathrooms all look new. The b&b is within walking distance of the town centre. It has a great parking area as it is on a corner plot. The owner of the b&b had even layer on good dry weather for us lol. Thanks Gary we had a great stay and will be back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ebzie
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Lodge

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This B&B was my first stop on walking the Great Glen Way, the B&B is only ten minutes away from the city centre and the train station, received a great welcome from Gary. The room was very spacious and and very modern, My room did not have a ensuite bathroom but I did have a seperate bathroom which was only for my room which was also excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reaching the official end of the Great Glen Way at Inverness Castle, we went to our B&B - a ten minutes walk from castle, bus or railway stations. We got a very great welcome and Gary showed us our very nice and comfortable room and a wonderful bathroom. That was just what we needed at the end of our 117 km walk along the Caledonian Canal. We slept wonderful and had a very delicious breakfast next morning. We warmly recommend this B&B and if we have to stay at Inverness again, I am sure, I will choose Fairlield Lodge again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This B&B was just what we needed at the end of the Great Glen Walk. A great welcome and Gary proved to be a very accommodating host. Pleasantly spacious room, and everything was up to date. The bedroom was freshly decorated and the attention to detail included provision of all those extra sockets we need these days for phone charging etc. Very comfortable bed and all new furniture! Extra Brownie points as well for making fresh milk available for the all important cups of tea in our room.
We have already recommended it to friends who may be going to Inverness later this year.
Really handy too, for walking into town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked the day before travelling to Inverness, so was lucky to find somewhere to stay at such a good rate. I arrived early evening and Gary was so helpful to me, even let me do a little bit of washing. I was up early the next day for a day trip to Orkney, he was up to make sure that I had breakfast and ordered a cab for me.
The room was lovely, the bathroom was modern. The bathroom was a little small, but the shower pressure was great and for a solo traveller this was no problem.
The cooked breakfast was lovely and Gary is a great host.
As mentioned in other reviews the wifi is a little spotty but not so bad.
I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4 - and even though one side faced the road, I did not hear traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our one night stay in at Fairfield Lodge in Inverness was quite nice. Our room was spacious and well appointed, The location was excellent, on a quiet street but within a ten minute walk to central Inverness. Gary, the proprietor, went out of his way to be helpful. One negative wrinkle is that the internet connection was spotty, apparently due to a recent misfunction. Gary was well aware of the problem, apologetic about it, and seemed determined to fix it soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a wonderful 2 night stay before biking the Great Glen. Mari is gracious and accommodating, and gave us needed encouragement. John is a character, helping with gear, logistics, and lots of teasing. We loved it. Our breakfasts were terrific, with Olympic updates and reviews from John. All of the guests were enjoying themselves.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely, I checked them all out.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends