“Unbeatable cost benefit”

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed July 5, 2014

If you take advantage of their prepaid prices, I doubt you will get a better cost benefit elsewhere. Location is perfect which many tourist attractions and great restaurants nearby. The staff is extremely helpful and always welcomes you with a smile! Regretted not having breakfast there, as seemed and smelled wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ana S
Bart_PI, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Ana S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

It is fantastic to hear my team delivered extremely helpful service during your stay and I am glad you noticed how much they smile also. We believe a happy team is the key to a happy guest.

It is a shame you haven’t had an opportunity to try our amazing 'all you can eat' Premier Breakfast. It smells wonderful and it tastes even better, it is a truly perfect start to a busy day.

I hope to welcome you to the Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) again very soon.

Bart Bukowski

Write a ReviewReviews (1,733)

995 - 1,001 of 1,736 reviews

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We only stayed there for a night as part of a road trip and having stayed in Travelodges on the previous two nights it was a very pleasant surprise. The service was amazing from the start, the room was of a good quality and the location fantastic. The only issue was parking, the car park is very small but fortunately we were there early enough to get one of the tiny spaces.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear MrTY2014,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness).

I am very glad we have managed to surprise you with how good our service and rooms can be. I can assure you at Premier Inn the quality of service we provide to our guests is our highest priority.

I have passed all your comments to my Team.

I hope following this visit Premier Inn will be the brand of your choice and the River Ness hotel a more regular destination in Inverness.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel itself is ideally located and the rooms are modern and clean. The staff are helpful and friendly the major drawback is there's only about 15 parking spaces on site and with the Huntley Street roadworks means you have trouble parking close to the hotel. Stay here about every 5 to 6 weeks on business, decent place to stay, great riverside views from the restaurant and close to the castle, cathedral and shops. Shame you cannot pay for priority parking in advance.

Room Tip: Better views on the top two floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Bart_PI, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am very happy to hear you found our rooms satisfactory and the service we delivered helpful and friendly.

I appreciate your feedback and can only apologise if you couldn’t park your car at the hotel. I would also like to take this opportunity and confirm the current parking options for hotel guests are:

1. Hotel car park (very limited) 15 spaces & 4 disabled.
2. Duncraig Street (it states ‘Permit Holders Only’ but this has been relaxed while road works are ongoing). 1 minute away from hotel.
3. And the last and most recommended is Cathedral Car Park. All parking in Inverness is fairly reasonable and the 24-hour charge at the Cathedral is only £4.50. 5 minutes away from hotel.

More information on local parking options can be found at the Highland Council website: http://www.highland.gov.uk/downloads/download/96/parking_charges_in_the_inverness_area

We invite and encourage all guests to park in the car park to drop off their bags first and move after if there is no space available at the hotel. My Reception Team & I, if not too busy with other guests, are more than happy to help with luggage also.

I hope to welcome you to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Right on the riverside, 5 minutes walk from the station, view of the castle from just outside. With Premier Inns, what you see is what you get. Clean, modern, helpful staff. We did not eat there, so I cannot comment on the food. Range of eating possibilities nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M_the_driver
Bart_PI, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear M_the_driver,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay; I passed your comments to my Team.

I hope you take an opportunity to dine in our great Thyme restaurant or kick start your day with our great unlimited Premier breakfast on your next stay.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel with my family about 5 times now. Always had a great experience with very switched on and professional staff, clean, fresh and tidy hotel. Never had cause for complaint.

However we experienced what could only be described as a violent domestic incident in the room next door at 3 in the morning. I cannot fault the way all the staff who were involved dealt with the incident from answering my call within seconds, to rapidly being in the corridor and dealing with a nasty incident calmly and professionally.

All was quickly resolved at the time, the following morning as we walked through reception (as seems to be the custom) Louise the receptionist asked how we were, so we explained that the slightly disturbed night had taken the shine off our weekend. She was clearly well briefed on what had happened and apologised, we didn't have to ask for a refund, it was offered. I got an email as I ate my breakfast confirming the refund and we thought no more of it being completely happy with our experience.

We returned to the hotel that evening to find a letter from Louise telling me she had also refunded breakfast and included a voucher for my family to get a drink at the bar.

That was beyond what was required by the guarantee they give, and was a lovely touch. We cannot speak highly enough of the staff who were not responsible for the sad situation we encountered. I have stayed in 5 star hotels that could learn from these guys, they are a credit to the hotel and we will be back because of them.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Scotty648

Dear Scotty648,

Thank you for yet another constructive and a very understanding review.

Please ask for me next time you stay at the hotel, I would really like to take 5 minutes of your time, sit down for a cup of Costa coffee and summarise your overall experience at my site so far.

Regarding what happened during your stay, the only thing I can say is how sorry I am that you had to witness it. It was my first experience of this kind in my 10 years with Premier Inn. Inverness is a very quiet City after all.

On this occasion I am very glad that the positive part of your feedback is to do with service. Customer service is something we can control at all times and I am delighted to hear Night Team or Louise didn’t disappoint and did their best to resolve this issue.

I hope to personally welcome you to the hotel on your next arrival and thank you for staying with us every time.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Ok, this is not a 5-star hotel, but it doesn't try to be one. Simple but very clean room, had a great night sleep and was undisturbed the hole night trough. Let you choose between two types of pillow, which is nice! The person at the reception even made a booking for us in a great restaurant nearby!

Great overall stay, would come back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear simonlessard,

Thank you for your review.

I completely agree. We aren’t a 5 star hotel; there is however nothing stopping us from delivering a 5 star service to all our guests at all times.

Based on customer feedback Premier Inn has made a decision to invest in new pillows and I am glad to hear you liked the choice. I have also passed all room related feedback to Monika & her Housekeeping Team.

Please do not hesitate to ask for me next time you stay at the hotel, I would love to gather some more feedback and suggestions on what we could do better.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great location, super nice staff, clean and modern rooms, good bathrooms (water temp/press, towels). Only 30 mins free wifi. Breakfast was above average. My wife and I stuck with the continental, so can't opine on the morning meats.

Car park for hotel is less than 10 spaces, so don't plan on parking there if you drive, Can pull in there to check in and staff will fill you in on parking options. It's a new hotel, so the rooms are modern. There is a Tesco across the street out back which is nice. Just walk out the front door to stroll along the river or walk across the bridge to get to the center of town.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tuttle_NC,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

It sounds to me like you have had a great overall experience. I have passed all your comments to my Team.

We have an overall of 15 parking spaces and an additional 4 for our disabled guests; however you are very correct in saying Claire & her Reception Team to their best to help and give directions to the nearest car park. It is located only 3 minutes’ drive and 5 minutes’ walk away from the hotel.

I strongly believe it is great customer service my Team deliver and not always the big free car park somewhere else, that attracts our Guests to stay with us again and again. We hope to welcome you one more time very soon.