Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed April 8, 2014

1st visit for me to a Premier Inn - Enjoyable
Only thing i would of changed for- to be given two pillows instead of one !
Staff very friendly and kind to us and helpfull
Breakfast in the morning was good value too

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

In regards to your comment about pillows, each room should have 2 soft and 2 firm pillows in the room and if this was not the case I do apologise for this. In future visits please do not hesitate to contact my friendly reception team and they would be happy to fix this.

I certainly appreciate your kind words regarding my team and I will be sure to pass them. My team and I strive to give world-class customer service and I am happy they did not let me down on this occasion.

If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask!

William Veidemanis

Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is the 1st time we stayed at Pemier inn hotels, the location is great, in front of river ness, right in the middle of the city. The check in went very quick & no hassle, I do however something to complain. We stayed 2 nites there 15-17 march 2014 ), I just bought a new boots and left the shoe box nearby the wardrobe close to the door, when I came back to the room, The housekeeping took my shoe box which I need coz our luggages are full and I need the box to carry my boots as it can not fit into our luggages anymore. When I complain to the reception ( I forgot her name, full-figured lady with fair hair ) why the housekeeping took my shoe box without my permission she said because guests left many things before in the room to be thrown but I havent check out yet so why would they assumed like that? anyway she said she checked with HK & couldnt found my shoebox, so I asked her to find something so I can carry my boots, you wont believe what she offered me, she went to the office and came back with a BIG PLASTIC BUCKET, as a plastick bucket where people in village somewhere would pick up the water from a well!!! she expected me to put my boots inside that bucket and travelling around Scotland??!! and she said that the best she can do!! UNBELIEVEBLE!! needless to said I was angry & dissapointed, but my husband still want to look for the box so he stop by at the HK and ask if they found the shoe box, and actually HK still kept the box!! so I dont know why that receptionist lady said she cant find the shoebox in HK, it is not about the shoebox but the service from that lady is the WORST I ever experience, no problem solving attitude at all, although the HK made mistake by taking my shoebox without permission I was happy when finding out they didnt throw it out yet, but the receptionist lady was unbelieveble by offering me a bucket..a BUCKET!!! ( still cant believe!! ) probably thats the difference between 5 star hotel and 3 star inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am sorry to hear there was an unpleasant incident that impacted your stay.

I have had a chance to investigate what happened and unfortunately I have to disagree with some of things you claim in your review. The receptionist on duty did try her hardest to recover your shoebox, which included searching the large bins at the hotel. In this case, the box was still with the rest of the recycling kept in a separate area that she was not aware of which caused the confusion and this was why the housekeeping team was able to recover it in the morning. The receptionist also did try to find a suitable box but unfortunately what she offered was the best she could find, especially at that time of day. I do apologise you did not find that suitable.

My sincere apologies for what happened to the shoebox, however this is a mistake that can be made when oversized items are left next to the bin.I do hope this does not put you off using Premier Inn in the future and should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Arrived early on a Sunday afternoon to a cheery welcome from the two people on reception. We've stopped at a number of Premier Inn's across the UK in the past and I have to say this hotel is deserving of its No. 1 Tripadvisor status in Inverness.

All the staff we spoke to were friendly and attentive with a high level of customer focus.

During our visit there was a significant amount of building works at the front of the hotel for the towns flood defence system. This in no way detracted from the quality of the hotel but it will continue to be a bit of an eyesore until the work is completed.

We asked for a River View on our arrival and were allocated room No. 305 which had a castle / partial river view. Room's 301 to 304 appeared to have small balconies with great views over the River Ness. Our room was very clean and the beds comfy with extra pillows already in the room. The first thing I checked was the cleanliness of the bathroom which exceeded my expectations.

We ask at reception for a recommendation for an afternoon walk and we advised of a 40 / 50 minute walk along the banks of the River Ness to the Ness Islands. A very picturesque walk and the opportunity to cross the river by bridges spread across 4 Islands. And ideal walk after a hearty breakfast.

And now to our experience with meals. We asked for a recommendation for an evening meal and rather than having the hotel restaurant thrust down our throats we were told of a restaurant over the river called the Mustard Seed. We tried to reserve a table but were told that Mothers Day evening had already been fully booked for several weeks.

We decided to give the Thyme Restaurant in the hotel a try and were so glad we did. For £22.99 each we both had a starter, steak main coarse, sweet and a drink plus a full cooked breakfast the following morning. Excellent quality and value for money.

The hotel car park is very small (10/15 cars max.) but there is parking at the cathedral a short walk away for £2.00 for 24 hours.

We will definitely be returning to the River Ness Premier Inn and hope that they can maintain the quality of the hotel, staff and restaurant.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your entire stay at my hotel.

Your words regarding my team were very kind and I will be sure to pass them on. My team and I endeavour to make every stay special and I am happy they did not let me down on this occasion.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in March 2014. We were really impressed with the place and the great location. Just a short walk to the shops, restaurants and bars but not so close to the action that we were bothered by noise. The young staff were really friendly but professional and efficient; nothing was too much trouble for them. Our room was spotless and the facilities were great. Not long back home and already planning our next stay for later in the year. Would heartily recommend this place. My only gripe was the high bar prices. We would have liked to have a nightcap or two but eight quid for a beer and a G&T was ridiculous.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I certainly appreciate your kind words regarding my team and I will be sure to pass them on. Also, I was happy to hear you are planning to stay at my hotel next year and I appreciate your continued business.

In regards to your comment regarding the bar prices, I can understand your frustration this caused you. I will review the bar prices but they are currently very competitive compared to other hotels in the area.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

warm welcome ,clean tidy room modern touches ,decent food , close to town centre Inverness castle within walking distance ,leisure centre with swimming pool close by, good quality shopping, Loch Ness visitor within easy reach by car

Dear Guest,

It was nice to hear you took advantage of the hotels great location to explore everything Inverness has to offer.

If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here this week and were delighted to find we were almost in the centre of town close by all the best restaurants and bars. The staff were really friendly and helpful on arrival and the rooms are spotless as ever. We'll definitely be using this hotel next time we're in town.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McMinus

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind words regarding my team and hotel however I am interested in what we could do differently or better to receive a 5 star review in future. Please contact me at william.veidemanis@whitbread.com if you would like to discuss further.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Friday and Saturday 22/23 March. We arrived fairly late but reception greeted us in an efficient friendly manner. The following day we were out early so didn't have breakfast but that evening the staff surpassed themselves. After dinner my child was looking for a chocolate from the vending machine. It wasn't working and the staff member present offered to pop over to Tesco's to collect something for us! This wasn't necessary as we were able to go ourselves when we'd realised it was still open but what service! The following morning breakfast service was efficient and friendly. We were ushered to our table and enjoyed a range of hot and cold food. Great value particularly as children eat free! Others were greeted equally well, one lady reported a coat left in reception the previous evening and this was quickly found. Nothing seemed to be too much bother. If only all hotels were as friendly and efficient. The hotel is in a great location - very central. Rooms are clean and bright and as always we'd a good nights sleep. All in all a great hotel - we'd definitely visit again. Hotel also forwarded details of traffic diversions in advance making access far easier than it might have been.

Room Tip: Some rooms do have a river view.