“Superior Customer Service”

Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Wick, United Kingdom
“Superior Customer Service”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This stay was unplanned and the room taken without prior booking. Travelling with 3 young children ages 4 years, 2 years and a 3 month old, also with ourselves full of flu, we were very grateful to get a room anywhere.

We stopped at the Premier Inn at Inverness Milburn Road but no family rooms were available. There was no worries though because the young lady who served me on reception was insightful enough to look up the other Premier Inn hotels in Inverness and advise there was 1 suitable room available at the Riverness, Huntly Street hotel. Excellent customer service.

The lady was kind enough to provide not only the address but a map and good instructions to get us there quickly. There was just one snag, Huntly street was closed off due to gas works in the area. There was no way the lady could have known this, so not her fault.

Upon arriving at the Huntly Street Hotel, the young lady on reception there was also very good at her job and got us checked in quickly and also managed to get us a seat in the restaurant for dinner. The room was not set up for a family but this was easily rectified at top speed by staff and they supplied us with extra towels. This was all done for us by the time we got a space to park the car. We had to use on street parking as the car park at the back of the hotel was full. Normally there is a charge but the lady advised that all parking restrictions had been suspended during the time the afore mentioned gas works were being carried out.

The room we got (room 104) was very clean and spacious as well as comfortable and warm. There was a fairly nice view across the river too. The bed mattress was a bit hard and uncomfortable and I did wake with a sore back as did my wife.

The room had the standard, basic facilities as expected from Premier Inn but the tea cups and tumblers were filthy and needed a good scrub before we could use them. The shower was very powerful and hot water was drawn through immediately.

The hotel was quite busy that evening when we were having dinner and again very busy in the morning when at breakfast but thankfully, was very still and quiet for sleeping.
The dinner that evening was excellent. Staff advised the menu had been reduced as the fryers had broken down a few days prior and they were waiting on them being fixed. There was still ample to choose from though so this was not really an issue. The kids ate from the children’s menu which they enjoyed, my wife had the create your own pizza and I had the mixed grill. Staff also warmed our baby’s bottle for us. Dinner cost just over £56.00 including drinks and pudding.

Breakfast was busy but there was no long queues and there was plenty for everyone. There was a good selection of hot and cold items but coffee was out of a ghastly machine. I was hoping to see the same wonderful machine they had in the Aberdeen City Centre Premier Inn but alas I was to be let down. Breakfast was very enjoyable until I started choking on someone’s blonde hair. Staff advised that everyone who worked there that morning were all dark haired and the chef was bald so the hair must have been from a guest. A drawback of a buffet style service. That was enough to put me off. My wife and children though enjoyed their food without and nasty surprises.

In all breakfast was £8.25 each adult with the kids eating free.

In summary, we had a pleasant enough stay at the hotel. Staff were excellent, room clean and comfortable and food was fairly good.

Reason for stay: Unplanned trip

Would I stay again... Yes

Good Points: Excellent staff, Great room, Great showers

Bad Points: Coffee machine, Dinner portions poor, Parking potentially costly

Room Cost £60.00

Total Spend for 1 night with dinner and breakfast £140 for 2 adults, 2 children, 1 infant

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Thrasher1504
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review and it is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I appreciate all constructive feedback I receive and I would like to take this opportunity to respond to some of the points you raised.

I am delighted both Premier Inn teams provided you with excellent customer service and were able to provide you with a family room both fast and efficiently. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the Millburn Road team.

I am disappointed to hear you had a problem with the glasses in your room and I will be sure to bring this up with my housekeeping manager.

I am happy overall you enjoyed my breakfast offering but I am sorry to hear you did not like the coffee machine. I appreciate everyone has different tastes but I can confirm we serve Costa coffee at breakfast and the machine is set to dispense it to Costa specification.

I would like to thank you once again for leaving a review and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

What is there not to like. easy to find, in the center of all the shops an places we needed to go to. Rooms clean fresh and spotless. Staff very pleasant, helpful in every way.The beds were very comfortable need extra pillows each an the lady was so accomidating in everyway for them could not ahve been nicer or more helpful. Could control the room temp ourselves so that was great just super. I would recommened this place to anyone an defo stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Your words regarding my team were very kind and I will be sure to pass them on.

If there is anything else I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Lovely staff, clean room and excellent price made our stay very relaxing and enjoyable. Would highly recommend.
We were given a river view which was a lovely view to wake up to.
The central location allowed us to explore the city

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and it is nice to hear you had a great stay.

I am delighted you were able to enjoy one of the river facing rooms and you were able to take advantage of the hotel’s great location.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I regularly use Premier Inn for business and pleasure and therefore I was pleased to take part in the free night promotion at the end of last year. I claimed my free night for this venue to coincide with a walking trip. We attempted to check in and I explained it was a free night and I had my photo ID, to which I was advised did you print off your voucher, which I hadn't. I was then amazed to be told is there anyone who can print it off for you?? Sorry, no, I am visiting the area and hardly have a wireless printer in my car! It was me who offered the solution of emailing the hotel to get it printed. This is where I started to realise - hold on I have presented myself as a customer who has a free night because of loyalty - so why nothing special in terms of reception. Where was the - "dont worry, I see you have a smartphone if you're able to send me an email with your voucher I will be happy to print off and get you to your room". Also instead of letting me stand out in the rain trying to get a 3G signal, where was the "let me show you how to get 30 min free WiFi and it will gwt the email straughtvtk us quickly" - no all down to me again. Once we got the voucher we were checked in - I asked about a river view room - apparently they were all pre booked by competitors frome some local swimming competition. So all the people due to check in later were guaranteed a river view? Are they loyal customers redeeming an offer like me? I was given a room at the back with a view of the bins and a local Tesco. All very shabby and a poor attitude with no request for the photo ID. Why in a paperless system was there a necessity to labour on about printing a voucher - in the same transaction that you emailed me my invoice for £0.00 rather than print. Room was fine and clean, breakfast was all good and the rest of the staff seemed fine. Shame about the shabby reception to someone who should have been clearly identified, by the offer, as a regular spending customer.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Gordonm2
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service and I am sorry to learn that we have failed on this occasion. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate further. Please email your details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with our Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend away with group of friends. Large room, spotlessly clean. Staff very pleasant & helpful. Ideal location for shops, bars & restaurants. Highly recommend & will definitely stay again (hopefully in the not too distant future!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank DGrosset
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nothing not to like, simple, in the center and cheap! Very quick to wander into town, nice clean, fresh rooms. I've stayed maybe 4-5 times. The dispenser had run out of shower gel last time I stayed, but that's not exactly a drama! Not much else to say but the self check-in works well and it's quick to dump your key when you leave.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew T
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed January 30, 2013

What an incredible view of the River Ness. The staff were outstanding. The room nice, clean and fresh. If you are looking for a place in downtown Inverness you could not go wrong with this location. Parking was a little hard, but we figured it out without much of a hassle. Buy the breakfast - but have dinner next door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends