“Best Chinese food!”

Lucky Bowl
Ranked #132 of 261 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are the only authentic Chinese Restaurant in the Highland.North Chinese tasting.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the best Chinese food i had in the Highlands. I like their Chinese Kong Bao Chicken. Any time when i visit Inverness, I come to this restaurant, and have my flavor meal.

There are newer reviews for Lucky Bowl

Reviewed September 27, 2013

As has been said, this restaurant is on the first floor and there is little information outside other than a lunch deal. The entrance is shared with a "hotel" and we encountered a rather unsavoury character on the stairs. Inside - it was a Monday - we were the only customers until a party of Chinese arrived. The decor is drab and depressing.

We chose Aromatic Lamb to start, which was okay but not great. The mains arrived on plates. I like to eat my Chinese with chopsticks so I asked for a bowl and some chopsticks. The bowl arrived and I had to ask again for the chopsticks, and some serving spoons. My Duck with Mixed Vegetables was pretty poor, large chunks of fatty duck with the skin on. My wife's Kung Po Chicken was not to her liking either, and looked more like sweet and sour. Not good.

2  Thank Chalky9
Reviewed September 25, 2013

There is no menu outside with prices which I thought was against the law, but we went in to try it. The menu was the same as any take away. The staff spoke little English. The meals came without a carbo included unless you ordered the chow mein or rice. My son ordered the duck chow mein. It was dry and tasteless, but they replaced this free of charge with a prawn chow mein. My prawn chow mein was cold. The taste was not good. Staff were slow. We were placed beside a phone which kept ringing and ringing. Only two other people there. Excellent dessert, but on the whole would never go back again.

3  Thank jacobitelady
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Foods not good and expensive !! I ordered a jiu pai fried mee, and take some chilli and they charge me 2ppund for a small plate of chilli ! Wth!

3  Thank SK T
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a lucky find because they served meals other than a buffet. An excellent meal with a good choice of mains. The restaurant had a number of Chinese patrons whilst we were there which proves how good it is. Reasonably priced and they also do Take Away meals.