“Great Place, Very Homey”

Trafford Bank Guest House
Ranked #17 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Place, Very Homey”
Reviewed June 11, 2005

Lorraine really does have excellent attention to detail. There's a towel-warmer rack in the bathroom... As everyone says, DVDs galore to choose from down in the lounge... a little ceiling-mounted TV/DVD player in every room... A decanter of sherry and two glasses on our bureau... lovely, country-style furniture... plenty of parking on site... (If you've ever been to Inverness, particularly as an American new to right-side driving, you DON'T want to park on the road side.)...

Perhaps best of all is the breakfast. Some B&Bs restrict you to choosing one thing in each category (grains/puddings/eggs/bacon OR ham, etc.), but Lorraine just presents you the list and lets you choose. As a result, my eyes were bigger than my stomach on the first day, and I found myself with a feast of food I couldn't quite finish.

The porridge is particularly yummy. I know my mother's been scouring the internet for recipes comparable to the stuff we ate there just a couple weeks ago.

Lots of stuff within easy walking distance, too. It takes 10 minutes to walk straight down Fairfield Avenue to the River Ness foot bridge.

Lovely place, and if I ever get back to Inverness, I'll stay there again.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed June 5, 2005

I'd stayed at the trafford bank for about 4 months. I'd worked in Inverness for 5 months. In the beginning I'd stayed in a hotel. But after a month I'd changed to the trafford bank. And it is the best decision that I made during my stay in Inverness.
I really felt at home. I could relax in my own room or enjoy the living room. You have the possibility to choose out of more than 100 DVD's!!! Breakfast is excellent and taken care of! AFter breakfast, I could skip lunch!
Trafford Bank is also very good situated. 10 minutes walk from the center of Inverness, 2 minutes and you can do nice walks around the canal,....
It is really worth sleeping there! I'd did a few B&B in scotland, but this is really the best that I ever did!
Lorraine en Koshal have really did a good job on the house, the rooms are incredible lovely!
I will recommand this B&B to everyone!

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2005

Please do yourself a favour and stay here! It has to be one of the nicest holidays that I ever had. The house is so beautiful and relaxing. You can choose from over 100 DVD's to watch either in your room (on your own LCD screen TV) or in the lovely living room. You can browse the internet using their free wireless connection (if you have your own laptop). You can luxuriate in the bath with all of the locally made toiletries at your disposal! You can have one of the best breakfasts you'll ever get served here too.

I have been travelling all over the world with my business and have stayed in some terrible places through to the only 7 star hotel in the world (Dubai) but I would have to say that Lorraine and Koshal (the owners) have managed to create something with Trafford Bank that is hard to find. Their attention to detail is admirable and I felt like it was my home away from home.

I wish them all the best and can't wait to see them again.

• Stayed March 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St Andrews, Scotland
Reviewed April 23, 2005

We spent the night in the Trafford suite with my 2 teenage children. The service and quality of everything was exactly as others have stated.
The furnishing and decor were of the highst quality. There was free use of over 100 DVD's to use in either the downstairs lounge (plasma screen) or in the DVD in our suite.
The attention to detail was first class including a very good range of shower and bath products.
The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had in a hotel/B&B and the service was again first class.
I would reccomend this establishment to anyone looking for high class accomodation and service with a personal touch.

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank Georgeville31
Reviewed March 29, 2005

My husband and i stayed 3 nights in January and found Trafford Bank the most wonderful place to stay. The rooms are wonderfully decorated with heaps of lovely added touches. Easy to see why this is one of the most popular B&B's in UK!!

• Stayed January 2005
Atlanta
Reviewed March 17, 2005

I must chime in and say what a wonderful place the Trafford Bank is. We stayed there for 3 nights last September.The location is perfect and the interior design is the best I have ever seen in a B&B! Lot's of nice touches. The rooms are huge and the beds are very comfortable. We stayed in the Floral Suite, but it appeared all the rooms were about the same size.

About the proprietor, Lorainne: She was wonderful to us and did everything possible to make our stay in Inverness enjoyable and relaxing.
Some reviews have mentioned that she is a bit "low-key" when you first meet her and that is true, but when you spend just a few minutes chatting with her, you'll find she is very charming & hospitable! Opon arrival, you will wait a couple of minutes for her to open the door (ring the bell), but after that everything is perfect!

This is one great place. You will love the breakfast room!

• Stayed January 2005