“Another excellent Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I often stay in Premier Inns - you know exactly what you are getting! This one was in an excellent location - just opposite the Caledonian canal, where the boat trips start. It was slightly outside Inverness, but on this occasion it suited well as we were heading to Fort William the next day (to another Premier Inn!). This fairly new hotel is in excellent condition, and we found the staff particularly helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed for a weekend with my wife and 3 year old. As my previous posts will show I am a big fan of Premier Inn and I'm always confident of a high standard of accommodation. This hotel was no exception although we were a bit disappointed about the noise from bathroom fans which kept us awake through the night. Maybe we were just unlucky but it felt like several we're venting out through pipe boxes in our room. The staff as always at Premier Inn were excellent but run off their feet and clearly understaffed especially in the bar where we had to wait considerable lengths of time for service. I felt the bar/restaurant manager didn't deploy his staff fairly between the restaurant and bar resulting in one poor bar tender being left alone on busy evenings. The only other criticism was that Sky TV is not available in the bar on an international football night. We were meeting family to eat and watch the footsie resulting in our party of 14 eating elsewhere that night. A bit of an own goal you could say. We would come back to this hotel but felt these minor issues do not yet put it on a par with most other Premier Inns we have stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a family stay here and were late arriving. Now this was a first for me the hotel called to see if we were requiring and evening meal as they would keep the chef on. Now I have stayed in some 4 star hotels where they just tell you sorry kitchens closed we can do a sandwich. Well done we will be staying again I am sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a very clean hotel with friendly staff. It looks a great place and it is. Plenty of parking and the rooms are a good standard.
Stated here for 2 nights and it is quiet and very comfortable.
Walk over the road and there is a loch ness cruise and there is also a bus into the city stopping almost outside the hotel. If you go on the cruise you get a free 24 ticket for the bus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CarlyFlockhart, Night Receptionist at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time out to write a review about your recent stay with us here at that Premier Inn Inverness West.

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed the facilites within the hotel. It also heartens me to hear you mention how friendly the staff are as it is something that is certainly a apparent feature and we get commented frequently on how good the staff are that work here. So it is good to hear that we are still maintaining these high standards.

It only leaves me once again to thank you for the review and I hope we will see you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for work in March. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Rooms were cleaned to a very high standard and the beds were very comfortable. Plus points for how quiet the hotel was at night, I slept like a log! Although I didn't eat in the restaurant I heard good feedback from my colleagues. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed the facilites within the hotel. As we strive not only on ensuring that you have a quiet night sleep but also a comfortable one in the specially selected beds that Premier Inn install for their guests. It also heartens me to hear you mention how friendly the staff are as it is something that is certainly an apparent feature and we get commented frequently on how good the staff are that work here. So it is good to hear that we are still maintaining these high standards.

It only leaves me once again to thank you for the review and I hope we will see you back in the not too distant future and hopefully next time you will be able to dine in the Beefeater Restaurant yourself.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Slightly out of town but in lovely location quiet area. Usual clean comfortable rooms. Excellent front counter staff. Attached Beefeaters of very high standard and again with lovely staff. Excellent steaks. Only complaint I have with all premier inns is the shower over bath setup which can be a bit of a worry from the slipping point of view.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to ease your concern slightly about the bath/shower issue. I can understand your concern and i would like to apolgise that you feel that is maybe a little dangerous but all baths come with an anti slip bit on the bath, though if you are not overly convinced this will work. Reception will always be able and more than happy to supply you with a proper bath mat. Though thank you for highlighting this as we do appreciate this type of feedback as we only want to ensure your stay with us is a pleasurable one.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just returned from a two night stay at this Premier Inn. The value and service was excellent. The staff at reception were fantastic. This visit to Inverness was by train from Edinburgh and bus from Inverness to the hotel which is just outside the town alongside the Caledonian Canal.
On arrival at reception we asked if they could provide us with a bus timetable as we intended to travel everywhere in the area by bus ( very handy with the bus stop just a 100 metres from the hotel) and with our Senior Citizen bus pass.
A bus timetable was provided within minutes and we were pleased to see that the No3 bus ran to and from the hotel at 20 minute intervals.
We were able to travel by local buses to the Black Isle, East to Nairn, South West toDrumnadrochit, in fact anywhere we wanted to go in the Ross & Cromarty area. The hotel is in an ideal situation for walks down the Great Glen following the Canal or do what we did and visit all the sites by bus. The hotel does have a restuarant attached but there are lots of other restuarants in the town serving all tastes in Cuisine. Great location, great variety and most of all good service by keen staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

The area around the hotel is certainly very scenic ideal for a walk down the canal as you said. Or even the short walk to town and back is pleasant. And when the Scottish weather finally improves even sitting the outside seating area that the attached Beefeater Restaurant is a lovely way to spend an afternoon or while looking down towards the Great Glen.

Night Receptionist.