“FIRST CLASS”

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Shropshire
“FIRST CLASS”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at Inverness West in January 2013. We always stay in Premier Inns but this was by far the best to date. Spotlessly clean, extremely friendly and obliging staff, spacious room (we booked twin accommodation) and the food in the restaurant was very good indeed (not usually the case with a Beefeater).

My only niggle was the breakfast - the cooked meal tasted oily to me, the croissants didn't seem really fresh (although we had just flown in from France!) and the toast machine seemed to have a mind of its own (either under-done or burnt!). However, our lovely waitress (Karen) was very helpful indeed and made sure we had everything we needed. I should add that my husband thought his breakfast was really good.

We are planning a return trip (sadly this trip was to attend a funeral locally) to explore this part of Scotland and Inverness West will be our base.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the gold course - it was very quiet, although because of its location I ima...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlyFlockhart, Reception at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay here at Premier Inn Inverness West.

I'm so very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and can only thank you for your kind words that you found our Premier Inn to be the best youve experienced. I'm also glad that you found your room to be spacious and clean, and also that you found our staff to be friendly. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.

I am sorry however, that you found your breakfast to be oily. All feedback recieved is always greatly appreciated as it means we are always aware of our guets experience and if there are any ways in which we need to improve so I will pass your comments on to the breakfast staff in the kitchen.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your return visit to our hotel.

Premier Inn Inverness West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Holidaymaker9876
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed a few nights here and was pleased.

Location is a little outside the town centre. It was just over 1 mile and would take about 15-20mins to walk.

The entire hotel is very fresh inside still with the fresh carpet smell.

Our room was big and very clean. The usual big premier inn bed.

Glad to see an electrical socket is close to the bed which really is rare in premier inn hotels.

Little negatives was the shower wasn't as powerful as I would like. We were staying on the second floor and the pressure seemed to be lacking a bit.

Also the toilet roll dispensers are a right pain in the backside. Can you not replace the hopeless single sheet dispenser with proper toilet rolls?

The room was a little on the warm side and too often you could hear water pumps flowing water around the hotel.

Directed at all Premier Inn hotels, it really is time to update your stance on WiFi.

In this day and age WiFi is freely available in many locations including every coffee shop, pub and even McDonald's customers.

You can't use Premier Inn WiFi at all unless you register your private details for a 30min trial period and then have to pay for further usage.

Breakfast is all you can eat but not a help yourself for cooked items. It was good but extremely greasy. Too much so.

All staff were excellent. There to help whenever needed and every one always had a smile to greet you.

One of the best premier inns I have used.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. All reviews and all feedback which we recieve is always greatly appreciated.

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here at Premier Inn Inverness west and found the hotel to be fresh and clean. Im also happy to see that you found or staff to be friendly and helpful, all of our staff here strive to give our guests the best experience possible and always give the best customer service that they can offer.

In regards to offering free wi-fi I'm sure that its something that Premier Inn will look into for the future to provide for our guests.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you staying with us again in the future.

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

On this occasion , I was travelling on my own..
Had a very pleasant room..and extremely convenient parking facility to rear..
Evening meal on the attached restaurant was excellent ...pricing very fair.
Treated myself to breakfast and Wow...what a platefull...kept me going all day.

Great spot to explore canal ...slightly out of town to walk

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing carpark , not due to noise , as there isnt any . Just best view that way.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your visit with us and found your room to be clean and spacious.

I'm also glad to see that you enjoyed your evening meal in our adjoining Beefeater restaurant and that you enjoyed your breakfast also. Our Premier 'All You Can Eat' breakfast is definitely a big seller for us and as you said. You can have as much as you like and like you said, it sets you up for the rest of the day.

Thank you again for you review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Stornoway, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

A great place to stay - staff very friendly - Inn spotlessly clean. My family and I will certainly stay here again. Great location especially if travelling from Skye and the Western Isles and villages inbetween and other areas too. Good Food too. We had dinner and breakfast and there is a good selection. Many thanks for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: This is a very good Premier Inn to stay in. Staff were very friendly.The Inn is spotlessly clean.My...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
carly f, Reception at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel, we always appreciate reviews and take all feedback given on board.

I'm very happy to see that you found our staff friendly and your rooms to be clean. At Premier Inn West in Inverness all of our staff aim to give the best customer service that they can to ensure that our guests enjoy there stay. Also our housekeepers work very hard to keep our new hotel at such high standards so I will be sure to pass your comments on.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back again in the future.

Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a great hotel and well run with superb staff.
I stayed here with some golfing friends in October and all agreed it is very good.
Right next door to Tovean Golf Course which is a great place to play golf and it is a very friendly club which has been in excellent condition when ever I have played there.
My wife and I stayed there in December and everything was spot on.
Premium Inn has finally got the message about FREE WIFI and now customers get 30 minuetes free and you get 24 hours for £3.00. Much, much better but still not free.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course. Book Early. The October rooms only cost £19.00! Bookin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
carly f, Manager at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.

I'm very happy to see that after staying with us in October that you decided to come back and stay with us again. It gives us a great feeling knowing that guests will come back and stay at our hotel time after time.

I agree that we are in a brilliant location being right next door to such a popular golf course and it is a big selling point for us all year round. We also have a deal with the golf club that if a guest goes over then they get a discount per person per round of golf, so if you ever return be sure to ask about this fantastic opportunity.

Thank you again for your review.

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A comfortable, with exceptionally helpful and friendly receptionists and breakfast staff. The young woman on reception went out of her way to be helpful and could not have done more for us. A big thankyou to all the staff. We had a very pleasant stay and will definately be back. I can happily recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I'd like to thank you in taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Inverness West.

I'm so happy to have read that you found our receptionists and breakfast to be friendly and helpful. All of our staff here always try to give 100% customer service to make sure our guests stay are as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. So thank you very much for your kind words and I will be sure to pass them on.

Thank you again for your review.

North Berwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is by far the best budget hotel experince i've had. I stay on avergae once a week in this hotel and the level of consistency is unwavering. The warm friendly service from the frontdesk by all of the few girls that have welcomed me are brilliant. The rooms are typical of Premeir Inn, and because the hotel is fairly new then it really is as good as it gets from their typical setup. You know what you're getting. The standard of the breakfast food, along with again warm and friendly service is really exceptional. The breakfast food is served to order and you can tell the produce is of a very high standard. I've tried a large proportion of the hotels in Inverness and unless you're going high end then don't stay anywhere else; it's only a few minutues form the centre.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and postive review about your experience here at Premier Inn Inverness West.

I cannot thank you enough for the kind words that you have wrote about our staff and our hotel. All of our staff aim to give each of our guests the best experience possible from the moment they arrive until they check out, whether it be for one night or a week.

I'll be sure also to pass on your kind words to our breakfast team, both the waiting staff and kitchen members.

Thank you again.