“Fantastic”

Cawdor Clay Pigeon Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Clay pigeon shooting with sporting, skeet, down the line and compass sporting - see website for full details. September to April: open Saturdays (10:00 start) May to August: open Mondays (18:30 start)
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Had a great morning trying our hand at clay pigeon shooting for the first time. Taught by Ray who has the patience of a saint. Very friendly atmosphere at the club. Would highly recommend.

4  Thank Traceyann1

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We've just had a brilliant Christmas Eve morning at the Cawdor Clay Pigeon Club - the guys there were very friendly and welcoming (despite the freezing winds and driving snow!) and were more than happy to show us their expertise and knowledge in these rather testing weather conditions.
I'd bought the experience as a Christmas present for my boyfriend, both of us have never fired guns before but after today I know it won't be the last time we go. We are staying on Loch Ness for the Christmas week and were looking for unusual opportunities to try whilst there. This fit the bill perfectly - we followed the detailed, but essential directions, to the club on the Cawdor estate from Foyers on Loch Ness and got there in about 1hr - so great for tourists looking for something a bit different and maybe less touristy.
Thank you Craig Thomson and Ray for an excellent morning and thank you so much for staying with us even when the temperatures dropped and the weather nearly got the better of us. Would highly recommend! Great for all ages from teenagers upwards - male and female. Take a look at the club's website for more details and contacts.

4  Thank Scully69
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Highly recommended. Was visiting Inverness for the first time last weekend and was looking for 'Things to do' whilst there and spotted this club and thought it would be a great experience. So myself and 2 nephews arranged to meet Ray last Saturday. When my youngest nephew (15 yrs) realised why we were there and not going for another 'Walk through the woods' he was jumping about with excitement at the surprise. He hit 20 clays out of 25 - the older one (23 yrs) was just rubbish at it and his young brother has taken great delight at every opportunity of reminding him of the score. We are all novices and this was the first time any of us had attempted clay shooting. We took photos of the day and some short videos (which he kept replaying on his Ipad ALL (not exaggerating) weekend - they were funny). He's desperate for me to arrange another weekend in Inverness. Special thanks to Ray who we had a laugh with and was an excellent instructor and we look forward to returning soon.

6  Thank SILVANA H
Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a mixed party of novice and partially experienced at shooting we were made welcome and looked after, being guided and tutored on how to hit the clays. A lighter gun was made available after it was a bit painful for one of the ladies so do make sure you ask for it... We would good go again...

5  Thank BenM929
See more reviews
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I highly recommend this place. The people are typical Scots. Friendly, honest and very helpful. There are some right characters there too! :-)

Myself, my wife, and a few friends were looking for somewhere to shoot and after chatting with a member who had rung me up from Nigeria of all places! had decided to give Cawdor a go.

Right from the start I knew this was the place for me and signed up for a year's membership. I wasn't wrong and the novices amongst us got some of the best instruction I have ever seen at a clay pigeon club and at no charge either.

It was evident that safety was paramount throughout the day and the whole place was run very efficiently and had a wonderful club atmosphere.

I myself was invited to shoot some clay's with a couple of members, who showed me the ropes and even let me have a go on their guns.

We will be going back next week and the week after and every week until we move I really cannot say enough good things about this place.

My only criticism is it would have been nice to have somewhere to get some food, as we had all skipped breakfast that day and were starving! But what do we expect? I don't think I have been to a range that serves food before so nothing lost.

A star Cawdor well done!!

3  Thank KinlossSam