Smithton Hotel
Kingsmills Hotel(Inverness)
$355
$124
  • Pool
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
$151
$131
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscranachanbasic roomcheck in was easyculloden battlefieldcar parkexcellent hotelyogurtpoached eggsbunkfry
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Myself and a friend stayed at the Smithton Hotel on 13th September. The staff were very friendly & informative on check in. We were directed to our room which was perfect for our needs, the most important thing being that the beds were very comfortable! We originally picked the hotel as it was close to the A9, but far enough away that the traffic noise wouldnt be a problem.

We did not to eat in the restaurant the evening we arrived as we had never visited Inverness and it was only a stop over en-route up to Orkney, but I heard some wonderful comments about it the next morning from fellow guests.

There were plently of breakfast choices the following morning, enough to satisfy anybodys tastes. I ordered the full scottish breakfast with a poached egg, which was cooked to perfection.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laura T
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We found our room clean and comfortable - the bed was especially comfy. It was nice to have a small sofa. The décor was bright and cheerful and well co-ordinated. We enjoyed our dinner and breakfast and found the staff to be friendly. Good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Val D
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A nice clean hotel with good quality rooms. Pleasant and friendly staff. Just what I was looking for for an overnight stay on business.Bar staff were very friendly as was the local clientel. I will certainly book this again when on business in Inverness.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank graemewilson
Reviewed September 2, 2013

weekend stay. rooms very nice and kept very clean. bar and waiting staff very polite and helpful. plenty of parking space easily accessible. breakfasts very nice and plenty of it. would certainly return there for a break.

Room Tip: no swimming pool or fitness centre so ignore that bit
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 700craig
Reviewed August 22, 2013

It started when we arrived. We were met, eventually, by a blonde haired receptionist who said 'Name!' Somewhat a surprise greeting after what we have been used to. I gave her my name and she went on to state that I had supplied her with the incorrect Amex card number. I informed her that I don't have an Amex card - she responded, without any apology, that I pay for the room immediately. As we were both tired - I did so. We were shown to our room. It satisfied our overnight needs - clean and comfortable. We decided to eat in the restaurant. Another mistake. My friend is Scottish and chose a traditional Scottish dish. When we were finally served - it was awful. Tasted as though it was cooked hours before and kept warm. The bar staff weren't in a hurry to serve, either. I can understand them looking after the locals but surely the guests, as well, deserve some level of courtesy. Now we come to why the 1 star rating. That was purely for the 'old boy' who served us breakfast. He went out of his way to please. A place to avoid in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank roy45Golborne
1pamc, Owner at Smithton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

I must disagree with your review of our hotel. As I pointed out to you on Booking.com, we pre-authorise payment cards on the morning of your stay. Your card was declined due to lack of funds. You were rude to the member of staff who checked you in, who most certainly was not rude in return. Furthermore, you were served at the bar as soon as you could be. Our bar is open to the public, and we serve customers as they arrive. The "old boy" is the owner, as am I, and the "mistake" you made was to presume you would not have to pay for your room.