Smithton Hotel
Kingsmills Hotel(Inverness)
$355
$124
  • Pool
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
$151
$131
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscranachanbasic roomcheck in was easyculloden battlefieldcar parkexcellent hotelyogurtpoached eggsbunkfry
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My parents and I stayed here for one night as I was running the marathon early the next day.

Overall, the staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms (18 and 19) were extremely clean and look a lot better than the pictures on here. Sounds travels quite loudly however.

Most disappointing was the fact that on two separate occasions (a phone call and when we checked in) I was told that breakfast was going to be started earlier at 7am rather than 8am as so many of the guests were running the marathon and would have to leave by 7.30. However, when we went down in the morning we were told that breakfast would not start until 8am; this was extremely frustrating and unhelpful. Perhaps it was down to a lack of communication or simply laziness?

Overall, if you have 1-2 nights in Inverness and have a car, this place is fine for a place to lay your head and enjoy some kitsch 80s decor! However, they could use a sign at the end of the road to direct you better.

Room Tip: 18 and 19 were on the top floor and absolutely fine.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rollthedice1507
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Might be all right for the locals, but when you book online use Google maps [ I failed to follow my own advise on this one] its 5 miles from Inverness in a new housing area [ circa 1980] about as Scotish as an Australian Hotel/ Motel. Rooms Ok clean & central heating worked, breakfast was
reasonably good but dinner was of a poor quality, all in all at 75 pounds it was very expensive for what you got, so if you are a tourist look else where.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LenVBeerwah
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for a great stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Also went above and beyond and managed to get some gluten free bread and lactose milk for my friend. Which made breakfast even more enyoyable for her. The hotel was basic but had everything we needed. Rooms were clean and we didn't need anything else. Will certainley reccommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hannah M
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is called a hotel but that is pushing it a bit. Really, it is a pub doing b and b. Parking and location are fine and staff are quite helpful. My bed was not good but I was tired, breakfast was ok. What annoyed me most was after paying my account on arrival, I was charged more on leaving the next morning and was told that the charges were not undated online!! I paid just not to upset myself around Inverness and move on. Would I stay there again? Not if possible.

Room Tip: check room first
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CorkTed
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We really liked this hotel. The room we were in didn't look old fashioned, the bathroom looked brand new to me, and was quite smart for the price we paid, £75 for the two of us. Our friends had the family room on the top floor, and they were impressed with it, they liked the two rooms joined, with bathrooms in each. We enjoyed dinner, and thought the home-cooked food was quality and reasonably priced too, we had the venison, so can't comment on the fish. I liked the big car park, not many places in Inverness have parking, so it was nice to have the cars nearby. I also look at booking.com reviews first, sorry Trip Adviser. Breakfast was good too, and cooked to order, not a buffet like other places have. We'd stay here again when back up north.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends