“Mmmmm!!!!!”

McGonagall's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
McGonagall's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 251 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Mmmmm!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Took a chance on getting a table here as other reviewers said they had been turned away because they were so busy...the smell of the cooking steaks makes you want to go in the front door & it is well worth the visit.My husband stated it was one of the best steaks he's ever had & the cajun sauce with it was amazing!! I had the venison medallions,so tender I hardly had to chew it! Weel worth the money!!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank margaret_kilbane

• Greek first
inverness
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Walk past this place everyday and always fancied trying it out so I came with my parents a while back when they were coming to visit me.

We all really wanted a good steak so we were looking forward to it. We all ordered the Sirloin if I remember correctly it came pretty fast for the restaurant being full and was cooked well (all medium rare). However we ordered the peppercorn sauce which arrived about ten minutes after our steaks were served it was bland and didn't really taste like a peppercorn sauce more like heated up cream also the portion was tiny and i think they were charging about £2.50 for a small ramekin of the stuff. The chips and onion rings on the other hand were cooked well and we all really enjoyed them.

On a whole the meal wasn't anything special had better steaks else where maybe we just came on a bad day.

• Visited August 2012
Balintore, Scotland, United Kingdom
“very impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had dinner here tonight for the first time. We have had lunch before but never dinner. Brilliant service, Pea and Ham soup was delicious. i had the pork with haggis and whisky sauce, its got to be said, one of the best meals I have ever had, and we eat out ALOT. My husband had the rump steak and trimmings, he likes his steak very well done. Although it came too pink inside for him, he asked for it to be sorted and they took it back, no question and returned with it perfect. They couldnt do enough for us and it was a very pleasant atmosphere with delightful waitresses. Already planning our next meal there.

• Visited October 2012
Pinner
“Lovely meat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We dined here on the Sunday evening having been unable to eat here the night before. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly and helpful. My partner had the t bone steak and I ordered kangaroo. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling very well so didn't do my meal justice but the meat was lovely. My partner enjoyed his t bone and we had proper chips! We didn't have a dessert but they did look good.

Visited October 2012
Inverness
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We visited this restaurant on a Sunday night. We hadn't booked but as we were early we managed to get a table but later on there were people being turned away so I would advise you to book. The menu is varied and they have unusual dishes such as Kangaroo steak and Springbok. I had the fillet steak which at £20+ was rather expensive but I must say it was one of the tastiest steaks I have ever had. The chips, I would say, are the best I have ever tasted. My partner had the chicken which he said was very nice. The service was a bit slow but not too bad. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a good steak. But definitely make sure you book at table first.

• Visited October 2012