“staff was nice, but the food was not edible”
Review of Hilton Chip Shop

Hilton Chip Shop
Ranked #113 of 270 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Description: Hilton Chip Shop in Inverness is a traditional chip shop serving traditional chip shop food and pizzas.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were visiting from out of town staying the night around the corner and decided to get some dinner. We ordered 2 fish n chip meals and a meat pie. The staff was very friendly, but we ended up taking the food back and getting our money back. The fish was bad and the chips were soggy. The meat pie tasted frozen and then put in the microwave. When we took the food back, the staff was very pleasant and concerned. They gave us our money back, but we will not visit again when we come back in town.

2  Thank c-squared42

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Usually give you you stuff for free when you go in just before closing time. My only complaint is the amount of intimidating yobs you have to manuever your way through who hang around outside. Really puts me off going there.

2  Thank QueenGothDoll
Christopher G, Owner at Hilton Chip Shop, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thanks for the review.
I will do my best to chase the kid that hang about off when i can.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

we decided to have a takeaway from here on monday 21st april as we were in the area. it used to be a fantastic chippy, but my chips were rotten to the point i couldnt eat them , the fish was so full of grease it went all over the chips and through the paper on to my lap it wasnt even cooked properly and i felt quite ill after. i didnt bother going back as i thought the staff wouldnt care as they were quite unhelpful when we ordered, as if they wanted to be elsewhere. such an insult to the guibarelli family. i will never go back.

5  Thank moira m

This is a fake review !
One of my customers told me they were in your cafe and overheard you talking about how you were going to right a fake review of my shop. Why would you do this?
What have i ever done to the Yum cafe anyway.
Never the less we serve the best chips in inverness and are going to continue serving the best chips in inverness. I am going to ensure this is the case.
Your Fake review has had no negative effect on my business.
Any potential customer reading this fake review should be assured that if they come to the hilton chip shop they will get an awesome chippy.
This review is an insult to the giubarelli family.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We've all read media reports of Scottish chip shops being dire places; the food which is served basically containing grease and very little else. Up until last weekend I honestly thought that this was a fabrication, that surely no establishment which remained in business could possibly be this bad. Unfortunately, spurred on by the good reviews of this place on here, we discovered that this was in fact untrue. I can honestly say I've never had fish and chips this bad before.

I had a fish, while my partner had fishcakes and chips. The fishcakes, though freshly cooked, were saturated in grease to the point of when he picked one up, the fat dripped from it. the chips were no better; in fact they were worse as they were also lukewarm. The fish was possibly the smallest I've ever seen, especially as it was £4.40. It was thickly battered to the point of looking like it was a normal size. The batter was soggy and uncooked in places, meaning that the fish inside was barely cooked. It was also full of bones. The service wasn't brilliant either.

All in all, I'm sure that whilst some people have had a good experience here, we certainly won't be giving repeat custom.

2  Thank Victoria G
Christopher G, Owner at Hilton Chip Shop, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hi Victoria,
I'm very sorry you had such a bad experience with us.
I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback about your meal and i will take it on board going forward within the shop.
If anyone is unsatisfied I would offer a refund and replacement which i would certainly offer to you as well if you were ever to return.
Please accept my sincere apology. What you have described is not the standard we normally achieve and I will be reviewing our processes regarding all of the points you have raised.
Again thank you for feeding this back to us and giving us the opportunity to improve our business.
sincerely
Christopher Giubarelli

Reviewed February 15, 2014

very good quality .well priced ,also do home made pizzas which are lovely .no complaints and would reccomend to friends