“Lovely cocktails”
Review of Bar One

Bar One
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar One is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 257 Restaurants in Inverness
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely cocktails”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Really enjoyed the cocktails, wide variety on offer. If I had enough money I would have bought all of them ha ha!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank allyballybee89

Inverness, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Went in here last week - as part of my small hen night with my best friend - the bar staff were so attentive, friendly and enthusiastic about what they do!

Can't comment on food - as we didn't have any.

But the cocktails were delicious - they recommended for me (as a cocktail novice) and I was not disappointed! I even had a mocktail which was equally delicious.

The staff were passionate about providing good service and delicious cocktails - what more could you want from a cocktail bar!!

Would recommend to all if you are looking for a sophisticated, relaxed and fair priced cocktail experience in Inverness.

(Not the first time I have been and I also enjoyed myself the last time even though I was only on mocktails).

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rebecca W
Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bad communication”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went to Bar one for cocktails for my birthday, after ordering 2 cocktails and a lemonade (one of my friends was still underage) the girl took our order and went to the bar spoke to the man on the end and came back to us and basically whispered that she could not serve us as one of us was underage (the one who ordered the lemonade!!!?) we barely heard her so stayed seated trying to work out what she had said to us... meanwhile the other bar staff all looking at out table making us feel pretty uncomfortable.. unable to really know what she had said i went to the bar to ask if out cocktails were on there way, the girl again whispered that she could not serve us?? very confused and felt like we had been treated really rudely, I know that managers can make their own decisions when serving in the presence of underagers, but she ordered a lemonade? we went along the road to The Corner where we had some lovely cocktails and a lemonade!!!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank finallylegal
baroneinverness, Manager at Bar One, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi there, firstly i'd like to apologize that our policy was not conveyed to you loud enough for you to hear. I'd like to point out however that it is not just our policy, but in fact the law, that we may not serve anyone in the bar who is underage no matter what it is that they are drinking. And so the staff here simply did their jobs well. I'm sorry if you feel that you were mistreated however you can be sure that any similar situation would be met with exactly the same actions. Again i apologize that it wasn't expressed as clearly as it should have been, however from your comments i can see no reason to consider our actions "rude" and feel that it is unfair for you to say that. I'm glad you and your friends had a good night regardless and hopefully we will see you back at bar one again soon
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Absolutely disgusting behaviour from staff, wouldn't even give it one star!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have never been felt to feel like a naughty school girl in my life. Had been out with friends for a lovely meal, and decided to go to Bar One, a bar we have visited on many occasions before, for some cocktails.

As we walked into the bar we were greeted by the doorman who was very pleasant, the bar itself was extremely busy. Which was obviously stressing out the bar staff.

We ordered some cocktails and managed to find a seat. We saw a lot of our friends and were really enjoying ourselves. My husband then went up to get another round of drinks and was told by a jumped up bar man (who has a stretcher in his ear and thinks he is God!) that he was refusing to serve us as we had too much to drink!

We could hold a conversation, we could stand, we had had a couple of cocktails there is no denying it, we were neither rude nor were we causing any trouble. When my husband told me, I immediately proceeded to ask what was wrong, another member of staff came over to take my order to which stretcher man had told him not to serve me! I then asked to explain to us what his problem was and how much was too much?

Next thing I know we were all being escorted out of the bar by the pleasant doorman, who said I was agitated which I am not going to deny but it was purely due to the attitude of the bar man/child! The doorman did seem to understand my frustration but due to us being escorted out and the area's 'Bar Watch' campaign our night was essentially ruined!

My party are all in their late 30's, very professional people, and not ashamed to say have the money to spend, however after being treated in such a disgusting manner in this establishment after having many good nights prior, I will never set foot in there again. And will definitely deter friends from setting foot in it!

My husband networks with high profile companies, who often travel from around the UK for business, we will never recommend this establishment to them should they be looking for places to visit when in the area.

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank Cat T
baroneinverness, Manager at Bar One, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi there Cat. Can i start by saying that the 'jumped up bartender' that you encountered that night was me, the General Manager here at bar one, and i remember you very well. On the night in question, it was witnessed by me, that a gentleman who i believe to be your partner, but was possibly just in your company, was asleep at the bar with his head in his hands. This was also witnessed by at least 3 other bartenders. A few attempts were made to make this gentleman aware of his actions and he was given a chance to sort himself out. It was decided that he was to be served no more drink, and it is our policy to also refuse anyone in his company. I personally witnessed yourself attempting to buy a drink for him, after you had been told that he had been refused, which i would like to point out, is against the law. Just because the majority of your group could "stand" (well done for that) does not mean that i must serve or authorize anyone to serve you or your party alcohol. I acted in a fair and calm manner when attempting to explain this to you, and your response was incredibly childish, abusive and simply the type of behavior we will not accept at bar one. So yes you got escorted out after 10 minutes of arguing. So please, we look forward to never seeing you again, although every other member of your group who were polite and accepting of my decision, are more than welcome back anytime.
Almondbank, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Yummy Cocktails”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

After a hectic morning of Christmas shopping we nipped into Bar One for a cocktail. 3 later we left to finish our shopping.
Their cocktails are fantastic. I have even memorised what cocktails I am going to try next.

Visited November 2013