“Absolutely disgusting behaviour from staff, wouldn't even give it one star!”
Review of Bar One

Bar One
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar One is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have never been felt to feel like a naughty school girl in my life. Had been out with friends for a lovely meal, and decided to go to Bar One, a bar we have visited on many occasions before, for some cocktails.

As we walked into the bar we were greeted by the doorman who was very pleasant, the bar itself was extremely busy. Which was obviously stressing out the bar staff.

We ordered some cocktails and managed to find a seat. We saw a lot of our friends and were really enjoying ourselves. My husband then went up to get another round of drinks and was told by a jumped up bar man (who has a stretcher in his ear and thinks he is God!) that he was refusing to serve us as we had too much to drink!

We could hold a conversation, we could stand, we had had a couple of cocktails there is no denying it, we were neither rude nor were we causing any trouble. When my husband told me, I immediately proceeded to ask what was wrong, another member of staff came over to take my order to which stretcher man had told him not to serve me! I then asked to explain to us what his problem was and how much was too much?

Next thing I know we were all being escorted out of the bar by the pleasant doorman, who said I was agitated which I am not going to deny but it was purely due to the attitude of the bar man/child! The doorman did seem to understand my frustration but due to us being escorted out and the area's 'Bar Watch' campaign our night was essentially ruined!

My party are all in their late 30's, very professional people, and not ashamed to say have the money to spend, however after being treated in such a disgusting manner in this establishment after having many good nights prior, I will never set foot in there again. And will definitely deter friends from setting foot in it!

My husband networks with high profile companies, who often travel from around the UK for business, we will never recommend this establishment to them should they be looking for places to visit when in the area.

5  Thank Cat T
baroneinverness, Manager at Bar One, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hi there Cat. Can i start by saying that the 'jumped up bartender' that you encountered that night was me, the General Manager here at bar one, and i remember you very well. On the night in question, it was witnessed by me, that a gentleman who i believe to be your partner, but was possibly just in your company, was asleep at the bar with his head in his hands. This was also witnessed by at least 3 other bartenders. A few attempts were made to make this gentleman aware of his actions and he was given a chance to sort himself out. It was decided that he was to be served no more drink, and it is our policy to also refuse anyone in his company. I personally witnessed yourself attempting to buy a drink for him, after you had been told that he had been refused, which i would like to point out, is against the law. Just because the majority of your group could "stand" (well done for that) does not mean that i must serve or authorize anyone to serve you or your party alcohol. I acted in a fair and calm manner when attempting to explain this to you, and your response was incredibly childish, abusive and simply the type of behavior we will not accept at bar one. So yes you got escorted out after 10 minutes of arguing. So please, we look forward to never seeing you again, although every other member of your group who were polite and accepting of my decision, are more than welcome back anytime.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

After a hectic morning of Christmas shopping we nipped into Bar One for a cocktail. 3 later we left to finish our shopping.
Their cocktails are fantastic. I have even memorised what cocktails I am going to try next.

2  Thank LHarvey2013
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Spent a few hours here recently. Located centrally, almost opposite the railway station. Very clean and well presented inside.

1  Thank admf2
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Called in for a few cocktails after dinner. Great atmosphere, pleasant staff, brilliant night.
Well worth a visit. Even for one

1  Thank Beggsy19
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We where on a girls weekend in inverness so we popped in to the Bar One for cocktail the service we got was unforgetable it was lovely 100% from the staff very welcoming had time to explain cocktails we only wish we had taken the the name off the young lady who served us as she is a asset to the place. and the food was great to will definitely return.

1  Thank Annemarie M