“Excellent Guest House, feels like home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Corran Guest House

Corran Guest House
Ranked #10 of 247 Inverness B&B and Inns
Leipzig, Germany
“Excellent Guest House, feels like home!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Corran Guest House is a true gem of Inverness guesthouses. The hosts are lovely people. They are genuinely concerned about making you feel at home and your stay in Inverness just as you want it to be. I had the pleasure to stay at the Corran Guest House for two nights in a lovely, comfortable, well-furnished single room with a separate bathroom, which was spotlessly clean and very nicely decorated. The breakfast was delicious and each morning I was treated to a creatively prepared glas with fresh fruit, joghurt and muesli (I call it "the come back guarantee"). If you are looking for a warm welcome, a cosy feel-like-home place to sleep and a most delicious breakfast - this is it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We spent two nights at the Corran Guest House. Everything about the stay was wonderful. The house itself is very neat and clean, the bedrooms are spacious and well decorated and furnished. Breakfast is delicious. There is absolutely nothing about the accommodations that I could even remotely pick on. Location is good too, a short walk from all the shops, restaurants, train and bus station. House is on a small street, so there is minimal or no traffic noise.

What surprised my fiance and I was how welcoming, friendly, and helpful John and Caroline were. We've stayed at many B&Bs in many different countries, never have we encountered such wonderful hosts. I mean, we've had good hosts before, friendly and provided good service, but John and Caroline exude a special warmth and kindness and add that extra touch that's not necessary, but very welcome. They really enjoy their B&B, and it shows in every little detail around the house.

When I find myself in that part of Scotland again, I will not bother looking for another place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We like to treat our Guests as we would like ourselves. It is pleasing to see such positive reviews.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had only booked to stay one night at Corran but decided to stay an extra night. The house is furnished and decorated to a high standard and is very comfortable. A thick bathrobe was an unexpected treat that I'd normally expect only to have in a higher end of the market hotel. The cooked breakfast was generous and plenty of fresh ground coffee for those of us who need a good caffeine boost to start the day .

The guest house is within easy walking distance both of the central shopping area and Eden Court theatre.

The owners John and Caroline are very hospitable and welcoming and customer service is to a high standard.

I've stayed in many hotels and guest houses in Inverness and this is definitely one of my favourites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a really nice and sweet room with my friend. We had the two-bed private room with an independent bathroom. It was so cute! Both of us were amazed at the room when we opened the door. John and Caroline are so nice and helpful. We felt that we were at home. Really nice atmosphere and traditional English breakfast! I really enjoy delicious food and the dinning atmosphere in the living room. What's more, the location is good. There is a Tesco nearby and it is just 10 minutes walk to the River Ness. The neighborhood is quiet and safe.

Room Tip: Try the two beds private room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Oswego, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

John and Caroline have created a welcoming, friendly environment at this charming B&B in Inverness. Corran Guest House is located in a nice neighborhood just a quick walk away from the train and bus stations and the city center. The rooms are comfortable and cozy, and it's difficult to beat the breakfast, but what truly tops the cake is just how great the hosts are. I'm an adult female who was traveling alone in a new-to-me country; John and Caroline went out of their way to make me feel comfortable: introducing me to their other guests, giving great suggestions on things to do and sights to see, and helping me figure out the next step of my journey.

I know where I'll stay when I return to Inverness.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for a positive review. We try to assist our single travellers as much as possible and to make them comfortable and relaxed. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed August 18, 2013

John & Caroline are affable proprietors of this house. Located on a quiet street just 5-10 minutes walk from the River Ness, the river walk, the castle and associated restaurants. Long time residents of the area, they are quite helpful with suggestions for meals and travel excursions. Caroline prepares a wonderful breakfast and each request is met with a genuine desire to fulfill it.
We used are two en suite rooms, and a small single room with a shared bath.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Soon as you step into this small & cozy B&B you feel like you are back home. Specially the warm and friendly owners of this B&B make it every penny's worth. We were 3 adults & 1 child and stayed in 2 rooms. Every corner of this B&B is done exquisitely with great taste. Even the living room felt so warm that we didn't feel like going to our rooms. The couple who runs the place are extremely hard working and made sure we were extremely comfortable. We even wanted to extend our stay but unfortunately could not due to travel plans. Location is also perfect. Extremely highly recommended.

Room Tip: The room on level one are much better cause of less noise. The family room is just worth every penny...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family