“A wonderful place to stay.”
Review of Corran Guest House

Corran Guest House
Ranked #10 of 229 Inverness B&B and Inns
Oswego, New York
“A wonderful place to stay.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

John and Caroline have created a welcoming, friendly environment at this charming B&B in Inverness. Corran Guest House is located in a nice neighborhood just a quick walk away from the train and bus stations and the city center. The rooms are comfortable and cozy, and it's difficult to beat the breakfast, but what truly tops the cake is just how great the hosts are. I'm an adult female who was traveling alone in a new-to-me country; John and Caroline went out of their way to make me feel comfortable: introducing me to their other guests, giving great suggestions on things to do and sights to see, and helping me figure out the next step of my journey.

I know where I'll stay when I return to Inverness.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you very much for a positive review. We try to assist our single travellers as much as possible and to make them comfortable and relaxed. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed August 18, 2013

John & Caroline are affable proprietors of this house. Located on a quiet street just 5-10 minutes walk from the River Ness, the river walk, the castle and associated restaurants. Long time residents of the area, they are quite helpful with suggestions for meals and travel excursions. Caroline prepares a wonderful breakfast and each request is met with a genuine desire to fulfill it.
We used are two en suite rooms, and a small single room with a shared bath.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Soon as you step into this small & cozy B&B you feel like you are back home. Specially the warm and friendly owners of this B&B make it every penny's worth. We were 3 adults & 1 child and stayed in 2 rooms. Every corner of this B&B is done exquisitely with great taste. Even the living room felt so warm that we didn't feel like going to our rooms. The couple who runs the place are extremely hard working and made sure we were extremely comfortable. We even wanted to extend our stay but unfortunately could not due to travel plans. Location is also perfect. Extremely highly recommended.

Room Tip: The room on level one are much better cause of less noise. The family room is just worth every penny...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I don't think what ever I write here could ever explane how good the Corran is a real home away from home.
John & Caroline are a lovely couple and make a lovely breakfast the rooms are clean and are kept to a real high standard they have a good knowledge about the local area and know of all the best places to go.

I will never book anywhere from now on when I'm in inverness and only ever book the Corran that over the last six days is the place I have called home.

• Stayed August 2013
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a two night stay here and received a warm welcome from John & Caroline, who are a lovely couple. Offered fresh milk to make a cup of tea. John explained where all the best restaurants were located. Short walk to town, comfortable, homely rooms, tasty breakfasts although there could have been more choice and nice modern decor. Would recommend & would return if in Inverness again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here on my way up to John O'Groats to start my walk to Land's End and on my way back as I headed south. This was a highlight of my trip. The room was perfect for my needs. Breakfast is generous and well cooked and when I could not be bothered to go out I was invited to bring in a take away and cutlery and crockery was provided and washed up for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a two night stay here and received a warm welcome from John & Caroline. Short walk to town, comfortable, homely rooms, tasty breakfasts and overall good attention to detail. Would recommend & would also return if in Inverness. Only downside - would have liked a later check out after dancing in Inverness til the small hours!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple