“Best accomodation of our 10 day tour”
Review of Corran Guest House

Corran Guest House
Ranked #12 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Ravels, Belgium
“Best accomodation of our 10 day tour”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have done a 10 day tour in Schotland. For our 2 day stay in Inverness we found the Corran Guest house. All accomodations on our trip were very good but the Corran guest house was the best for us ( all 6 of us agreed ). Accomodation , reception, location and most of all the hosting couple, who did everything in their power to make this a relaxing stay. A super breakfast, tips for visits, great rooms. Only one word fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've joined Trip Advisor just to review Caroline and John's wonderful home from home. They are some of the kindest and most welcoming people I've ever met, and Corran is a handsome and super-comfortable place to stay. I'd come up North for a couple of days solo cycling (in January, when it was snowing, as you do.....), and they took such good care of me. Caroline even offered to come and rescue me and my bike if we got stranded, and made me hot chocolate when I arrived back, cold and bedraggled! I stay in a fair number of B&Bs, one way or another, but this is the first one that I've ever eagerly looked forward to going back to, and the first owners to whom I've been genuinely sad to say goodbye. I cannot recommend it highly enough: thanks Caroline and John! Joanna.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank By_Ashwood
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013

A lovely B&B: The John and Caroline couldn't have tried harder to make us feel welcome, even as we traipsed in after 4 days back-packing. The hot shower and fresh milk for the tea were very much appreciated. John also gave us a great recommendation of where to find a good pub meal in walking distance (just what we'd asked for, and where he'd been for his Sunday roast two days before - nothing like the insiders pick!).

Comfortable, spacious, and clean room with a tasty and sustaining breakfast to wake up to.

The only constructive criticism would be that the rooms were a tad on the warm side: but we managed to deal with that using the radiator valves (might have just been the contrast with 4 nights in bothys and a tent in the mountains...)

Thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
St.Andrews
Reviewed November 9, 2012

One of my most amazing "finds" over the Internet was a motel only a couple of hundred yards from the very posh hotel where a Conference was being held, in Albequerqe-and the choice made "blind."
I meant to say, I could have been miles away-but I wasn't! So, I do believe our fingers guide us (mostly) to the right places!
They did, to Corran Guest House; with lots of memories coming back, as I passed the elecrical shop "Telly on the Blink" (which is the marker for the right hand turn that gets you there!
Other times!
It's the kind of guest house where you don't stay a stranger for very long- and it come with a warm welcome.
I had booked for two nights and, by the time, I left, it did feel as though we had become friends. I don't say things like this, lightly!
A substantial breakfast and really good coffee.
No hesitation in saying: "If you're looking for a home from home, look no further!"

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Scotland
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at Corran guest house for a fencing competition. After a day of fencing going to my well decorated room, I could sit back and relax with the tv and my laptop on wifi. Caroline and John (owners) were more than welcoming showing an interest in my sport and making me feel comfortable and at home! This is the first B&B I have stayed in and I loved it. Much better than any hotel!!!

Thank you Caroline and John again for being so amazing!

Adam x

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had originally booked a different guest house, but due to their double booking, we ended up here; and we couldn't have been happier! The place was so nice and cozy and the staff was super friendly (thanks for the great restaurant tips!) We had a great night sleep in the super comfortable bed. There was also an excellent breakfast served in the beautiful common room and it was included in the room price! I cannot think of anything bad to say about this place and would absolutely recommend it to anyone visiting Inverness!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We came in totally wet and got a warm welcome with a smile and hot tea and coffee with biscuits. The rooms were beautiful and set up with lovely details. The bathrooms looked like new and were so comfortable. Thanks to John who gave us good advice we ate at very good restaurants. Caroline did a fantastic breakfast for us although she was handicapped. All in one it just was a perfect stay. We'll come back. Thank you

• Stayed September 2012
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. I think one sentence in the review has been lost in translation. Caroline had in fact injured her Shoulder and she was wearing a Sling to support it but has now fully recovered.