“A warming experience”

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A warming experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We popped in here on a recent trip after my wife offered to treat me to a new bottle of Whisky. I was impressed by everything to do with this shop from the warm welcome, the fantastic range and the knowledgable and helpful staff. Whilst I didn't get a malt as planned, we were introduced to some great future purchases and walked away with a fantastic liquer that both my wife and I could enjoy. Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kevin B

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“nice shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went in here looking for a type of whiskey which we wanted to buy for a loved one.The member of staff looked and did her best but could not attain it.She sure tried her best though so if people want good service come here

Visited October 2012
3 Thank jerseyscots
Stroud OK
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wow, what a place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I could not stay out of this shop. There was every kind of whiskey, confection and souvenir you could possibly want. The staff was absolutely wonderful and so helpful.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank StroudOKBlondee
Buckingham, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Wee tipple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

Great Shop, always visit when in Inverness, Fantastic massive assortment of whiskeys and liqueurs and can't help but make a few purchases. Staff very helpful and always in good spirit!!

Visited December 2010
2 Thank Nuwalks
Reno, Nevada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Can't believe I'm writing a review of...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

Can't believe I'm writing a review of a whisky shop -- after all, you don't exactly come to Inverness for whisky, and probably not to shop. That being said, the shop on Bridge Street was full of very helpful and unbelievably knowledgable folk who spent easily two hours with my wife and me talking about the different kinds of whiskeys, the different flavors and aromas, and then helping us (of course) pick out gifts. But it all started because we signed up for one of the tastings on a Friday evening (7pm, I think). Wasn't too late, wasn't too early, and the cost wasn't too bad, given that we were going to have at least some tastes of half a dozen whiskeys. Easily worth the price of admission just to get to talk with the Whisky Shop employees -- the (surprisingly) young man who helped us had a degree in chemistry and had worked in distilleries and obviously knew his way around. Exceptional ability to discuss the different brands and the subtle differences in product.
It should be acknowledged that the Whisky Shop does seem to have a preference to "push" their own "Old Malt Cask" -- I am not sure of the reason (the shop and the distiller are linked by ownership, I believe). That being said, the OMC that we purchased has been some of the finest whisky I have ever tasted and has been a huge hit with our guests.
Which is all to say that if you want to pick up some very good knowledge and a little "experience" before heading to the Highlands or Speyside, stop in this shop and get a no-pressure feel for what a whisky tasting can be. Unless the employee turnover is high, chances are you will talk with some fantastically friendly and knowledgable staff.

Visited August 2011