Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
Culloden House(Inverness)
$336
Cancelon
1,583 results
All reviewsthe riverstarbucks coffeevalet servicesteam roomswimming poolleisure centrecar parklovely hotelleisure cluba river view roomrestaurant staffan upgradehuge bedbooked this hotelgreat roombuffet breakfastweekend break
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Arrived here tired to be met by efficient and friendly receptionist who gave me the key (old school) for a room on the first floor. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. Room overlooked kitchen extractor, was shabby, and two doors down from the lift shaft. They very helpfully moved me to another room on the same side of the building, much better decor.

On my first night I thought I would try the restaurant but after ten minutes waiting at the restaurant check in and nobody being about, I gave up and went into town. I am glad I did as I found an excellent Chinese restaurant and, given the cooked breakfast was likewarm on two mornings running, maybe I had a lucky escape.

On checkout received a perfunctory "there's nothing extra to pay", no "how was your stay", nor even a "goodbye", despite the couple immediately before me in the queue getting the works. Maybe my temerity at asking for a room change at the start of my stay marked me down as one to whom the "how was it for you" should not be asked.

It is a pity as this is a lovely old bulding in a beautiful setting, so could be a great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Cumbrianmassive
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am ever so sorry you have not been left entirely satisfied after your stay and that you feel that the receptionist was not polite to you on check-out. This is inexcusable and I have made the Rooms Division Manager aware. I can guarantee that this is definitely not the impression our guests should have and I really am very sorry that you have left feeling this way.

The Food and Beverage Manager has also been made aware of your comments with regards to the restaurant and the breakfast not being hot. I am very sorry about this and is not our usual standard.

The hotel is in a beautiful position and in a beautiful old building, steeped in history and we try very hard to be a great 3 star hotel which is welcoming, friendly and flexible. I am ever so sorry you have not left with this impression of the hotel.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more depth, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Thanks again for posting your review and very kind regards, Della.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Lovely location for a weekend break in Inverness . Great room with view of castle . Comfy bed. Although shower over bath with shower curtain lets it down . Lovely area to sit and relax in Lounge. Breakfast good choice and attentive friendly staff. Small area to park but valet service to nearby car park is very handy.

Room Tip: Room with castle view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind review.

We're all delighted you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate our guests taking the time to post their thoughts.

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the great location we have, totally central in Inverness and a great base for exploring the city and beyond.

I hope that if you are travelling to Inverness in the future, you will choose to book again.

Thanks very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Kind regards, Della.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here 16/05/14 - 18/05/14 due to the hotel offering a "mini break package" throughout the whole of May. This package included a two night stay in a standard double room, a meal on one night, breakfast on both mornings, free use of the spa facilities and two mini bottles of wine. (we got a big bottle of wine due to reasons following...) I made my booking over the phone and as soon as I mentioned it was to celebrate an anniversary we were instantly upgraded to a river view room for half the price. Upon arrival, we couldn't be found in the system. After about a ten minute wait whilst the staff searched their files and system I was then asked to hand over my confirmation and that's when we were told that they had given our room to another person with a similar surname by mistake. We were given a complimentary glass of wine each as we had a further wait to allow the staff to prepare another room. Luckily, there was another river view room free! Despite this, the staff were still very polite and apologetic. The room was large with a huge bay window which overlooked the river and castle. This was beautiful at night when the bridge and castle lit up. The bed was HUGE (I'm 5'8 and could lie across it with loads of room left) and very very comfy. The room had a lovely bathroom although the room itself was a little tired. One of the sockets didn't work, there was a couple damp patches and the lampshade was broken. General cleanliness was okay though. I would highly recommend the spa which was very well looked after although maybe a little outdated. The only real downside I can think of is the service in the restaurant (this may be due to language barriers) and the food wasn't too great. If it weren't for the meal being included in the package I don't think I'd have liked to have paid full price for what was provided. However breakfast was lovely with plenty to choose from. On a whole I thought that for what was included within the package it was well worth the money and I would return and recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Room facing the river and castle. I was room 009 and the view was lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I'm really happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, even with the teething trouble upon check-in.

I have let the Food and Beverage Manager and the Head Chef know about your comments with regards to service and food, this is such a shame and I am sorry you were left disappointed.

Room 009 is gorgeous so I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the very flattering photo's!

The packages we put together are always great value and very flexible too so there is always something for everyone.

Thank you again for your review, we really appreciate our guests contacting us with their feedback.

Kind regards, Della.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We have stayed once before and enjoyed the experience enough to revisit. Nice room with a view of the Castle. There was a good choice of breakfast items and friendly staff. Parking is tight but the valet service works perfectly well. We booked last minute directly with reception and it was the same price as the Travelodge were looking for - and that was without breakfast which was include at The Best Western. You can walk into the town centre in a couple of minutes but dont have to put up with any noice associated with centrally located hotels. Will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a nice view over the river to the Castle.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you ever so much for posting your fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

Also, thanks ever so much for coming back to the hotel for a second visit! What more could we ask for?

The rates we charge are market competitive and I am delighted that you found the rate and deal great value for money.

I hope you are able to visit Inverness again very soon - we'd love to have back for a third time!

Thanks again and kind regards, Della.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed here a couple of night ago, must say I really liked the hotel. The foyer & bar area was really comfy with armchairs and sofas and lovely views over the river. The rooms were comfortable and more importantly clean. We didn't eat at night but the breakfast selection was huge, everything you could want to start you off for the day. We did however use the leisure facilites which is always a nice bonus. Again very clean and lovely pool. Would definitely return and would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you! What a lovely review!

We're all delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend the hotel to others, what more could we ask for?

What very kind words and we're very grateful for such great feedback.

I hope you are able to visit again very soon - we'd love to have you back!

Thanks ever so much again and kind regards, Della.