“Fantastic Value”

Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Value”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We booked a two night stay starting Friday 3rd Jan on a special offer which included B&B both nights and dinner on first night with a bottle of wine as well ! Fantastic value. We have been before and will be back again. Ideal situation for walkers or shoppers and a pool and spa as well. What more do you want.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graham P
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I couldn't have put it better myself!

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of one of the fantastic offers we have available.

Thank you for returning time and again - we really appreciate that and I hope we will see you again very soon.

Kind regards, Della

Operations Support Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
lancashire
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I booked on a coach tour for Christmas which was booked into this hotel - and was really glads to have done so. The journey was slightly hazardous and so we were glad to arrive. We were immediately show to our room - which was spacious, well equipped with tea and coffee and a good sized flat-screen tv as well as a desk and a table and chairs. The bathroom was adequate although the shower was temperamental. (If there was a drawback it was that the occupants of the room above, every time, they moved, created a creaking noise worthy of a tom and jerry cartoon!) The food was fantastic - with plenty of wine included. Breakfast was superb and the main meal of the day, with an adequate choice of menu, was well cooked, and quickly (but not hurriedly) served by pleasant staff. There was a plentiful supply of tea, coffee, mulled wine and cider on hand at all hours of the day and night. Central to Inverness city I highly recommend Christmas in this hotel. No doubt it would be so at other times also and if I am going to Northern Scotland again this hotel will be on my list.

Room Tip: Try to avoid occupants above you who creak as they move!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank parocco
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay and thank you for choosing to spend your Christmas with us.

There was a lot of stormy weather on you arrival day and I know that it affected arrival times however I'm really glad you felt welcomed when you made it to the hotel and that you were happy with the facilities the room had to offer.

I am sorry you were affected by noise of the floorboards from the guests above and I hope it didn't affect your stay too much.

We find the mulled wine and cider is essential for the Christmas period and proves very popular!

We are all thrilled you enjoyed your Christmas break with us and I do hope you find yourself in the North of Scotland again soon - we'd love to have you back!

Thanks again and very kind regards, Della

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

An excellent hotel with great facilities. The river view room i had was fantastic, not often you see a castle out your window! Relaxed and friendly atmosphere, good food and service. I'll be back. Would also be great for my family, so i think I'll bring them too!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Laura B
Dear Guest

Thanks ever so much for posting a review of your stay.

It's fantastic that you enjoyed your visit and that you would plan to return with your family - that's the very best we could hope for!

The view from the hotel is beautiful and I'm delighted you were able to enjoy it from one of the Riverview rooms.

Thanks for your kind praise of the team and of the food - I'm delighted you enjoyed the facilities we have to offer.

I hope you can make your return visit very soon - we'd love to have you back!

Thanks again and kind regards, Della.

Scotland
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We decided to stay here for one night on our trip to Inverness to buy a new sofa, and we were pleasantly surprised by the attentiveness of the staff. We had one of the bigger rooms which is spacious and tidy although a bit too warm for us, we are used to a colder room but that was soon sorted out with the opening of one window and turning off the radiator. A quiet place to stay with no noise from the road to be heard. Meals are excellent although I wish I had ordered the kebabs. The mixed grill was very nice but the was enough on the plate for two so I had to admit defeat as I was beginning to feel like Adam Rickman from Man Vs Food. Even the girl said I had not done too bad. I finished this off with a rocky road sundae boy am I a glutton for punishment or what, put it this way I struggled to eat my breakfast which was just grand.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review on Trip Advisor.

I know what you mean about the mixed grill and the mentioned programme - that made me smile! It is a good plate of food so I'm delighted you "did not too bad"! Also, the rocky road sundae is proving very popular and will certainly satisfy anyone's sweet tooth!

It's great you enjoyed your stay and I hope you had success with a new sofa.

Maybe if you are returning to Inverness you will choose to stay with us? Perhaps then you could try the chicken kebabs? We'd love to have you back!

Many thanks again and kind regards, Della

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Lovely Hotel to stay in. The service in the restaurant was excellent. Entertainment was laid on for the three nights of our stay - and a free bar !! what more could you ask for. Another plus was that it has a pool, gym and spa facilities so there was somewhere to go to work off the extra pounds. I'd certainly recommend this hotel for this, or any other, time of year.

Room Tip: We were in the relatively new part of the hotel at the back. No river view and quite a dark room but...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your stay on Trip Advisor.

We love Hogmanay at the Palace so we're all really happy that you enjoyed the package we offer and that were you were able to take full advantage of all the facilities. It's fantastic to read such brilliant comments.

I hope that if you are in Inverness in the future you will choose to stay with us again - we'd love to have you back!

Very kind regards, Della.

dundee
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights between Christmas and New Year. Hotel in a brilliant location for all Inverness has to offer, parking limited but valet parking was great. Staff very helpful and upgraded our room to a larger suite with a bath. Breakfast very nice, good selection, nice surroundings and not too busy. Fitness centre and pool are a nice addition, limited equipment but more than enough for a workout. All in all i wouldn't hesitate to return!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank kancell
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We're all delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and we're thrilled that you wouldn't hesitate in returning to us.

All the feedback we receive is very important so thank you ever so much for taking the time to write about your visit.

I hope you can return very soon - we'd love to have you back!

Many thanks again and kind regards, Della.

Edinburgh
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had a lovely stay here between christmas and new year and were spoilt rotten by the palace. Sumptuous breakfast, city centre location, great swimming pool and very comfy beds.
Staff were kind and helpful even if we had to chase a bit for info, think theyd had a flat out Xmas. Will continue to come here again and again!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank kb2408
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for posting such a fantastic review!

We're all thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you felt spoilt - what a lovely thing to say!

I'm delighted you were able to take advantage of all the facilities we have and that you enjoyed each aspect of the hotel.

It sounds as though we'll be seeing you again so I hope you can make it very soon - we'd love to have you back!

Many thanks again and kind regards, Della