“Inverness Palace Hotel”

Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as part of a Great Rail Journeys holiday.The location is excellent for the city and the lovely walks along the river Ness.
Our room was very comfortable with a lovely bathroom with fresh towels and tolietries replenished daily (and more often on request) The staff were excellent -very pleasant,effeicient and friendly even at busy times.Food was very good with an excellent breakfast buffet choice.
We used the pool and spa which were very clean and relaxing after a busy day touring.
Overall excellent and would definitely recommend as a good base for the area.We would certainly go back without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you ever so much for posting your review.

We're all absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, it's great to read such high praise.

Our location is fantastic and I'm glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of the easy walks along the river Ness which we have just on our doorstep. Also, our leisure facilities are the ideal place to unwind after busy days out.

I'm very happy you enjoyed your meals and thank you for your high praise of our team - we are always very happy to receive such lovely feedback.

I hope that if you are considering another holiday in the Highlands you will choose to stay with us again - we'd love to have you back!

Many thanks again for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Operations Support Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I always enjoy my stay at the Palace Hotel .This was the first time I had taken high tea and it was excellent.

I had a nice room , clean and spacious , with distant hill views .

I also enjoyed the pool and leisure facilities .

The staff were always friendly and helpful .

Room Tip: A front room would be better for the castle and river views .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you ever so much for writing your review.

We're all delighted you enjoyed your stay with us again - thank you very much for your repeat visits.

High tea is a very popular meal now and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for your kind praise of our leisure club facilities, I'm glad you took the opportunity to enjoy them.

Also, it's great that you enjoyed the bedroom you were allocated.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon - we'd love to have you back again!

Thanks very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at this hotel, it is very central and looks onto the castle.Parking was a little diffcult but the staff were very helpful on finding a parking space. The cleanliness of the hotel was first class and the pool,sauna,steam room and the jacuzzi were spot on!I would definatly go back there.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest

Wow - thank you ever so much for writing such a brilliant review!

We are all so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff you encountered were friendly and helpful.

Also, thank you for your very kind comments about the cleanliness through-out. I will pass this onto my colleagues in housekeeping, they'll be very happy.

It's brilliant that you took advantage of our leisure club facilities during your stay and our leisure club team are delighted you enjoyed the facilities so much.

The greatest testament we can receive is when our guests say they'll be back. I hope you can make it soon - we'd love to see you again!

Kind regards and many thanks for writing your review on Trip Advisor, Della

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Checked in as 2 couples who had requested rooms next to each other, only to be told that we were separated at different ends of the Hotel!
There was a lot of renovation work going on which spoilt the atmosphere and a definite damp smell could be experienced all over. The quality of the rooms and bathrooms left a lot to be desired, and felt very aggrieved by the rather expensive room rates we paid!
Reception staff also performed like trainees rather than experienced front of house.
Glad we only spent one night in this asylum :(

Room Tip: No need to stay here if you want to be Central - There are other and better establishments in the vi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saukat

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor.

On behalf of the whole team at the Hotel, I would like to express how very sorry we are for the problems you encountered and that you have left the Hotel with such a low opinion.

As a matter of course, we do allocate rooms close to each other who have booked together. I am very sorry this was not organised for you and your friends. I am also very sorry you did not seem to enjoy the bedrooms you were allcoted.

We have been redecorating our Brasserie and lounge areas for a couple of weeks, however this has now been completed. I am very sorry this disrupted your stay.

All feedback is considered very important to us and we thoroughly review all the comments we receive.

I would very much like to discuss your stay in more detail and I hope that you will be able to find the time to contact me directly.

Thank you once again for posting your review on Trip Advisor and I hope I hear from you soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here recently and thought the place was excellent

FOOD - we only ate breakfast at the hotel but it was good, great choices and nice to see the chef popping out checking on things,

ROOMS - we had a room at the back of the hotel, very clean and the bed was huge.

STAFF - all of them that we encountered were nice and friendly enough.

WIFI - A bit hit and miss, but as it was free I wasn't going to complain.

POOL - Lovely and warm, mind you they could do with investing in bigger towels.

PARKING - Slight problem parking but it was resolved within ten minute.

We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review!

It's fantastic to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to impress you enough for you to decide you will be back!

We have noted your comment about the size of the towels in the leisure club, also about the WiFi. We are hoping to upgrade the WiFi provision very soon.

I hope that you can make your return visit very sooner rather than later and we all thank you again for taking the time to write your kind review.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Poor. More like a guest house than hotel. Pool, sauna and steam room were excellent but the same cannot be said of the rest.
Rooms too hot and no control over ambient temp . Shower head not changeable and very ancient.

• Stayed: October 2013
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

We really do appreciate your view regarding broadband provision. You like us are desperate for Inverness to go live with the Super Fast high speed broadband which most UK cities now have. We were very disappointed in June when the completion date for this was pushed back to December 2013. But after an update with BT it looks like things are really on track for this great Highland city to offer Super Fast broadband at the turn of the year.

It's great that you enjoyed the leisure facilities we have free for all of our guests to use.

I would very much like to speak with you in more detail about your stay, I note you are a seasoned traveller and use Trip Advisor quite a lot so it would be great to get more of your point of view.

Thank you again and kind regards, Della

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Heading off to the West Coast I needed a bed for the night before after arriving lateish by plane. Room poky but quaint in a 1960ies sort of way. Clean enough though.
Booked just a week before and as it was the peak season, I shouldn't have been surprised to pay a lot.
The restaurant is some kind of a franchise with pretty ordinary fare. Service was remarkable in that it felt as if the waiter guy was going to get really annoyed if I dared ask for anything else. Might have been amusing if it had been a bit cheaper.
Scotland is such a great place - so why is particular part of the "gateway to the Hielands" so mediocre?

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MerchantofJute

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry you felt we were not welcoming towards you as that is certainly not our intention. I have spoken with my colleagues about this so be assured your comments are being taken extremely seriously.

I would like to clarify that Eight on the River Restaurant is not a franchise and is entirely part of this family owned business. I really am very sorry if you felt in any way rushed or not welcome in the Restaurant.

It would be brilliant if you could contact me directly so that I can talk with you in more depth about your view of your stay.

Thank you again for posting your review on Trip Advisor.