We decided to have a long weekend in Inverness and chose the Palace because it was centrally located for the city but also had car parking. This is a clean and well maintained 'high-end' 3 star hotel. We booked an executive room and this was a large and confortable room with a superking size bed. It also had lovely views directly out onto the River Ness and to the Castle across the river.
The hotel is a classic old hotel building complete with a timber revolving door and many cornices and period features. However, the hotel has clearly been refurbed in recent years and the facilities and rooms are modern and very nice. There is a new leisure area with pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub, which was generally very quiet during our stay. The only one aspect of the hotel that still harks back to it's classic origins is the rather antiquated lift which is still of the type where you have to manually open and close the gates, but this just adds to the charm of the building.
There is a Starbucks franchise within the comfortable lounge of the hotel and the restaurant offers a good selection of traditional Scottish fare.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel as a good base for visiting Inverness. Staff were helpful and courteous throughout our stay and the rates were very reasonable for such a well located and presented hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa located on the banks of Inverness opposite Inverness Castle. It is just a few minutes walk to the town centre. Discover a warm and friendly welcome at the stylish and contemporary hotel. Accommodation is offered over 2 period properties and modern refurbished cottage. Choose from Classic rooms to period River & Castle View rooms with a lovely view towards the Castle. Choose from dining in Brassiere, Bar or the Lounge where you can sit back and relax with a Matthew Algie freshly ground coffee and surf the web for free. Visit the Leisure Club with 50 foot swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room. You will enjoy a relaxing break in stylish surroundings here is a brief summary: Inverness City Centre location : Free Wifi : Free Car Parking : Leisure Club with 50 foot Swimming pool : Fitness Suite: Matthew Algie Coffee : Sleeping Beauty Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel Inverness
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel And Spa
- Inverness Best Western
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa Scotland