“A good hotel with great views.....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa

BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A good hotel with great views.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

......only if you have a room at the front though! Overlooking the castle and river.
I needed a room very "last minute" on a Sunday and found the Best Western was offering a good deal, £58 for a single room or £59 for a double. I was on my own but naturally picked the double room and specifically asked for a double bed. On arrival I was given a room with twin beds. however when I pointed out the mistake I was given an upgrade to a room at the front with the views I've mentioned.
I seldom eat in hotels when I'm on my own so can't comment on the food. There is a small but adequate bar, the staff are friendly and efficient, the swimming pool is large with a small steam room and sauna. One slight negative, which is meant more as a tip to other potential guests rather than a complaint. If you use the pool, take a towel from your room to use in addition to the not great towels they provide at poolside. I asked for a second one and was told "that's not allowed"
Overall though a nice hotel which I can recommend.

Room Tip: If a view is important to you the front of the hotel is a must.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TMilton, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read that the error with your room type was quickly sorted by reception and you were given a free upgrade to a river view room for this inconvenience.

I apologise you were unable to get an extra towel from the leisure club staff. I have passed this comment onto the General Manager & Leisure Club Manager to review the policy put in place and hopefully a solution will be found to give the customer a more pleasant experience.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Location superb . Staff excellent . Clean hotel . But it is only a three star hotel . Hotel is upgrading throughout as some parts are dated and maybe quite a bit to go . Breakfast also lets them done ., as cheap and cheerful . But still the pluses outweigh any negatives and will continue to stay here . River view rooms are probably worth the extra charge .

Room Tip: River view rooms have been modernised and larger
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Samsam48

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read that you are considering staying with us again. The hotel is continuously getting rooms and public area refurbished with the recent being the restaurant with an added extension.

Look forward to welcoming you back

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked this as a suprise birthday present for my husband as he has always wanted to see Loch ness, we were greated by very friendly staff and the hotel itself was very wellcoming. Our room was one of the lovliest we have stayed in and just like I was promised when I made the booking the view from our room of the river ness and the castle was stunning. Inverness has something for all tastes (my husband loves to look at the arcutecture of old and historical buildings and I'm more of a country girl at heart). The buildings and church's have so much caricture and the church yard were fasinating to explore and then if go down by the river passed the castle you end up in some of the most stunning country side wih the snow topped hills and mountins on the skyline it was everything we could have wanted as well as what we so badly needed.
One thing though if you want to eat in some of the resturants you will need to book as they
get booked up very quickly. Jimmy Chungs chinese and Kool Runnings are 2 resturants we found that did'nt need a reservation and their food was out of this world. We found that the most we spent for a 3 course mine with a cocktail and a beer was at most £35.00. We loved our stay and hope to stay there again in the future.
We would like to say a big thankyou to all the staff at the Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel and Spa you made our first trip into Scotland one we will always will remember.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I glad to read that you and your husband enjoyed his birthday weekend away at the hotel and the room was one of the loveliest rooms you’ve stayed in.

I hope we’ll see you back in Inverness soon

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Amazing location looking over the River Ness, and just a few minutes walk away from the main shopping street and amenities. Rooms excellently decorated. Really nice atmosphere throughout hotel. Spa and pool facilities really good and relaxing. Breakfast buffet excellent. Staff helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the River, preferably on the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff friendly and helpful.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Good location my friend and I arrived at night and it was really close to the bus station and the city center, so was easily to find the Hotel. Our plan was to go to Loch Ness at morning but at the same time spend a relaxing day without any hurry, the receptionist showed us some brochures about tours, she was really helpful and nice.
we had a really good time even though we didn't have time to enjoy the pool. I would recommend this Western Hotel, it's clean, affordable and the staff were helpful and nice
p.s. the bar close early :(

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TMilton, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time for a writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I'm glad to read that your enjoy your stay with us and found the staff helpful and friendly.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We Stayed at the Palace Hotel and Spa for 3 nights on 24/4/13.

The hotel is in an excellent location a couple of minutes from the main shopping area.

We arrived at about 1.10pm when check in was not until 3.00pm, my husband asked if there was any chance of booking in earlier, the receptionist said we could book in at about 1.45pm which was fine, but 10 mins later she told me our room was ready which was great, she also said we had a lovely room and lovely it was.

The room was huge it was at the front of the hotel overlooking the river and the castle. The shower room was lovely too and the place was spotless. The only thing missing from the shower room was a hook on the back of the door to hang clothes and also a toilet roll holder.

The breakfast was lovely with a variety of cereals and lots of nice hot food. On the first morning I had not quite finished my cereal when the waitress took it from the table and I had to tell her I had not finished, they are a little too eager to clear the tables

The gym and swimming pool were lovely.

We did have a problem on the Thursday with the heating being off in our room and it was cold, we rang receptionist who said they would sort it but it still did not come on, we decided to go for a walk and upon leaving the room I felt the radiator in the corridor and it was very hot, I stopped at the reception desk to tell the receptionist our radiator was still not on and she said she would sort it and true to her word on our return our room was lovely and warm.

This is a lovely hotel in a great location and I would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river/castle.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMilton, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I’m glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the river view room allocated to you.

I’m happy to see the receptionist had the issue with your heating was resolved and that this didn’t spoil your stay.

Lybster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Following a very poor nights sleep, due to a rattling window that didn't shut properly and a tarpaulin blowing in the wind, noisy building work then started at 8 am. The room we had was much smaller than those shown in the pictures and at the back overkooking other hotel rooms. The room was however very clean and the shower room had obviously been fairly recently fully refurbished. For users information, the hotel does offer an off-site valet parking service, due presumably to the shortage off onsite parking.

Room Tip: Whilst the hotel is having building work done, I would only recommend a room overlooking the river a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I apologise the wind kept you awake by blowing the tarpaulin from the extension being built. I believe the high winds that evening made the tarpaulin become lose and flap about causing some distress to guests trying to sleep.

I hope this won’t deter you from using us again