“Clean hotel great location few downsides” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa

BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
“Clean hotel great location few downsides”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Just had a 2 night stay in a river view room on b&b basis. Our room was spacious the bathroom looked brand new and everything was spotless the only thing letting the room down was the mattress it was very hard and seemed over used needing replaced. We both struggled to get a comfortable sleep.
Can't fault the place on cleanliness and the staff at breakfast are excellent. Disappointed by reception staff I was concerned on arrival that I had to sign something with a room rate on it that I didn't understand as I had paid in full prior to arrival the receptionist told me not to worry about it then upon checking out they asked for a balance of £210 to be paid! I had to explain that I had paid in full prior to arrival they then amended this and all was ok but I don't understand how they got it so wrong??
Location is perfect and if you can afford to upgrade to the river view room I would advise it.
Overall a good hotel outstanding cleanliness good facilities just the mattress and reception let our experience down a bit.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TMilton, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us but apologise you found the mattress hard for your comfort.

I also apologise for the mistake on arrival with reception. I have asked the reception manager to look into this further and implement training with her staff so this doesn’t occur again.

I hope this doesn’t deter you from staying with us again

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Gateshead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

You feel as though you should like the hotel when you're there. It must of been decorated recently so is pleasant enough. Bathroom cabinets, wardrobes, chest of draws, doors all tired and dated. Lack of parking, no biscuits, not being told breakfast is extra, not enough staff (constantly answering phone while you're waiting to check out). Seems like they've done a quick bodge job with a few tins of paint and sold some space downstairs to costa. Staff are friendly and helpful, especially the comedy duo at breakfast. Really wanted to give this team at least a 4, but 3 at a max. More attention to detail needed by the owners.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TMilton, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

You comments will be reviewed and taken on board and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Redcar, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel was very clean and staff were great. The pool area was very nice and also extremely clean. We had an evening meal in the hotel's restaurant on the first night, it was tasty and the proportions were a good size. The only downside to our stay was that the bed was very hard and uncomfortable and each time one of us moved you could hear the springs in the mattress. It was mentioned in the pack inside the room that the hotel uses firm mattress' however this does not normally bother me and my husband but it did on this occasion.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the lift, each time it arrived at our floor I could hear the bell and th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMilton, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with and will note to the housekeeping manager to review the mattress.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We took advantage of a cheaper rate offered in November and found the hotel excellent value for money. Lovely location next to the river and nice spacious rooms with extremely comfortable beds.The staff were friendly and we had a very warming bar meal on arrival.In addition, it has a swimming pool to relax in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMilton, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff friendly. The offers the hotel have on are value for money and always something to look out for.

Cumbria, Uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staff as at all BW hotels I've used were lovely. The hotel is pleasant enough, and clean enough. However, much of the accommodation is NOT in the main, grand, building, but in what I assume to be an add-on block at the rear with extremely limited views and, to me, a distinctly musty smell. Needless to say, the better rooms are available at a premium, and despite my BW membership card I wasn't offered an upgrade!

There is a spa and swimming pool, but I didn't have time to use it this time

What IS fantastic is the location... right at the heart of Inverness, and on the banks of the Ness, and it was a treat to look out over the river during an (excellent, buffet-style) breakfast.

There is some parking with the hotel, didn't need it this time, but important consideration in a city centre property

So not bad... I started off giving the hotel a 3 star rating, but that's probably a bit unfair, I should probably make it 4... but wish there was a 3.5: it IS better than average, but I would say it was "good" rather than "very good". For me, next time I'm in Inverness I will stay at the other BW hotel (Lochardil House - a bit further out, but I think much nicer rooms)

Room Tip: The standard rooms are not that big, and have lousy views. Mine looked straight out at another roof...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read that you found the proximity of the hotel to the city centre, shops, restaurants and bar an advantage when staying with us. I’m happy to read you found the staff lovely and the hotel clean and tidy.

Unfortunately as a city centre hotel views are limited and therefore they are rooms that don’t have a great view however I apologise you were not offered an upgrade with your BW membership card. If reception were aware you were a cardholder an upgrade would have been given if available.

I hope you would consider using us again in the near future.

Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Can't speak highly enough of this hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and clean and the food was superb.
Situated on the riverside and five minutes walk into Inverness Town.

Room Tip: Best rooms for a view are at the front of the hotel and are overlooking the river. This also means...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMilton, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful and friendly.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed there at Christmas 2012. We went with GeeVee travel. And we have booked again for Christmas 2013. The staff were brilliant, couldnt do enough for us. There was plenty to eat and drink at all times. The hotel was really clean. Inverness itself and where the hotel is situated is really beautiful.
My husband and I cant thank the management and staff enough for a fantastic Christmas that they gave us!

Mr and Mrs Briscoe

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, as its so beautiful and all lit up in the evenings.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMilton, Salse Manager at BEST WESTERN Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs Briscoe,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Palace Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas break with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for Christmas 2013.

Kind regards,