“Nice hotel but uncomfortable bed”

Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel was very clean and staff were great. The pool area was very nice and also extremely clean. We had an evening meal in the hotel's restaurant on the first night, it was tasty and the proportions were a good size. The only downside to our stay was that the bed was very hard and uncomfortable and each time one of us moved you could hear the springs in the mattress. It was mentioned in the pack inside the room that the hotel uses firm mattress' however this does not normally bother me and my husband but it did on this occasion.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the lift, each time it arrived at our floor I could hear the bell and th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TMilton, Sales Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with and will note to the housekeeping manager to review the mattress.

Sales Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We took advantage of a cheaper rate offered in November and found the hotel excellent value for money. Lovely location next to the river and nice spacious rooms with extremely comfortable beds.The staff were friendly and we had a very warming bar meal on arrival.In addition, it has a swimming pool to relax in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
TMilton, Sales Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff friendly. The offers the hotel have on are value for money and always something to look out for.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staff as at all BW hotels I've used were lovely. The hotel is pleasant enough, and clean enough. However, much of the accommodation is NOT in the main, grand, building, but in what I assume to be an add-on block at the rear with extremely limited views and, to me, a distinctly musty smell. Needless to say, the better rooms are available at a premium, and despite my BW membership card I wasn't offered an upgrade!

There is a spa and swimming pool, but I didn't have time to use it this time

What IS fantastic is the location... right at the heart of Inverness, and on the banks of the Ness, and it was a treat to look out over the river during an (excellent, buffet-style) breakfast.

There is some parking with the hotel, didn't need it this time, but important consideration in a city centre property

So not bad... I started off giving the hotel a 3 star rating, but that's probably a bit unfair, I should probably make it 4... but wish there was a 3.5: it IS better than average, but I would say it was "good" rather than "very good". For me, next time I'm in Inverness I will stay at the other BW hotel (Lochardil House - a bit further out, but I think much nicer rooms)

Room Tip: The standard rooms are not that big, and have lousy views. Mine looked straight out at another roof...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read that you found the proximity of the hotel to the city centre, shops, restaurants and bar an advantage when staying with us. I’m happy to read you found the staff lovely and the hotel clean and tidy.

Unfortunately as a city centre hotel views are limited and therefore they are rooms that don’t have a great view however I apologise you were not offered an upgrade with your BW membership card. If reception were aware you were a cardholder an upgrade would have been given if available.

I hope you would consider using us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Can't speak highly enough of this hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and clean and the food was superb.
Situated on the riverside and five minutes walk into Inverness Town.

Room Tip: Best rooms for a view are at the front of the hotel and are overlooking the river. This also means...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
TMilton, Sales Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I’m glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful and friendly.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed there at Christmas 2012. We went with GeeVee travel. And we have booked again for Christmas 2013. The staff were brilliant, couldnt do enough for us. There was plenty to eat and drink at all times. The hotel was really clean. Inverness itself and where the hotel is situated is really beautiful.
My husband and I cant thank the management and staff enough for a fantastic Christmas that they gave us!

Mr and Mrs Briscoe

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, as its so beautiful and all lit up in the evenings.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
TMilton, Salse Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs Briscoe,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Palace Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas break with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for Christmas 2013.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

25 of us have just returned from Inverness and had a great time. We had a river view room which was so big. The hotel and staff are very nice and the food is excellant. We also found the bar staff to be very good and would do anything for you. this is a regular weekend for us and every year we say we will go elsewhere but always end up back at Inverness. Only downside for some of our party was the lifts being out of order. But overall a great weekend.

Room Tip: Pay the little bit extra for a river view room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
TMilton, Sales Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Palace Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your compliments on to our bar staff.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We booked for 3 nights with Dinner for the first 2 nights. Our room was 201 at the back. It was a fair sized room with a large double bed. The Wifi signal was good which was great. The bathroom had a shower over the bath. There were lovely toiletries for our use also. The rooms were cleaned every day and the tea/coffee etc replenished. There is a excellent information folder in the rooms with lots of useful info. You can get room service also.

The restaurant has been refurbished and is lovely with great views over the river.The waiting staff were friendly and very efficient. The meals were excellent and the breakfasts were very good. A great choice on offer in the mornings.

We had free use of the gym and spa facilities. I was in the jacuzzi every day which is fantastic. They give you clean towels to use. If you forget your swimwear they can loan you them or you can purchase them.

The system they have with the parking worked ok for us,it did not cause us any problems.

The only noise we got was from the very squeaky floorboards above our room, This was every night for long periods of time. The lift also went out of order on our 2nd day so was glad I did not have to walk up to the 4th floor. It was still off when we left. It was good exercise though.

As this was a trip for my birthday,It made it special and I would return again as it is so central for the town.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river Would be better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on the Palace Hotel.

I am delighted that you made full use of our facillities, particularly the jacuzzi. I will pass all your compliments on to all departments.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Slaes Manager