This was our 6th time time to the Palace Hotel in Inverness. We'd booked a weekend break in February and once again enjoyed our experience at the hotel. We had dinner on the 1st night
in the hotel, the menu had an excellent variety of starters & mains and we all really enjoyed our meal.
The Hotel also has a pool & gym which hotel residents are free to use. We used the pool on both days. Our 5 year old g/daughter loves it.There is also a sauna, steam room & jacuzzi which are also free to use.
We stayed in room 106, in the newer part of the hotel at the back. It was a large family room with a large LCD TV. The shower was brilliant and there were complimentary soap, shower gel & shampoo. The rooms are cleaned daily to a very good standard & teas/coffees etc replenished.
The room was above the changing rooms and we were aware of the vents which could be heard to about 10pm and seemed to start up about 5am. It didn't bother us too much, not enough to ask to be moved. Although next time we go, prior to arrival we will ask for another room.
The hotel is in a great location, right on the river and looking onto Inverness castle. Just cross the bridge and you're a right in the town.
The hotel has limited parking, like a few town city centre hotels, but they have valet parking where you're car is dropped of at the car park at the cathederal and picked up again for you if you should need it.
Children also get a free activity pack on arrival.
The hotel is rated as 3* although I would rate at the higher end, if not 4*.
We have stayed in a few hotels in Inverness and this is our favourite. It's always the one we book if they have available dates.
I would highly recommend the Palace Hotel and look forward to returning again this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa located on the banks of Inverness opposite Inverness Castle. It is just a few minutes walk to the town centre. Discover a warm and friendly welcome at the stylish and contemporary hotel. Accommodation is offered over 2 period properties and modern refurbished cottage. Choose from Classic rooms to period River & Castle View rooms with a lovely view towards the Castle. Choose from dining in Brassiere, Bar or the Lounge where you can sit back and relax with a Starbucks Coffee and surf the web for free. Visit the Leisure Club with 50 foot swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room. You will enjoy a relaxing break in stylish surroundings here is a brief summary: Inverness City Centre location : Free Wifi : Free Car Parking : Leisure Club with 50 foot Swimming pool : Fitness Suite: Starbucks : Sleeping Beauty Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel Inverness
- Inverness Best Western
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa Scotland