“wonderful food, friendly staff, a gem of a restaurant”

Urquhart's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We have eaten there a few times and have always been very impressed. Portions are large enough for hungry teenagers and the menu choice is varied. The staff are friendly and attentive. Good ambience. We really enjoyed ourselves every time we have gone. If I could I would go every day.

There are newer reviews for Urquhart's Restaurant

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Went here for lunch today for the first time, based on a recommendation, and must say was very impressed. Warm welcome (I'm big on welcomes) and given table straight away, even thought it was busy and we hadn't booked. Drinks served straight away and a good menu with 'specials' on the blackboard. I chose the scampi with salad and fries. It was delicious. Scampi was good. Nice chips, and a lovely dressed salad, which is always a good sign that someone in the kitchen knows what they're doing and cares. Service was great. Lovely young blonde girl and older women out front and they couldn't have been more hospitable. Desserts sounded lovely. I had banana and toffee pavlova, which was monumental and delicious. Conclusion: they won't win any culinary awards but great, fresh food that I'd describe as excellent 'pub food'. Nice atmosphere. Nice surroundings. And nice staff. Try it.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

URQUART'S is a must for any one looking for a fantastic meal reasonal prices and you will LOVE IT..! LOVE IT..! LOVE IT..! i took my friends from canada there and they raved about it so much so we went back a few times before they left... and like ALL GOOD restaurant's in the world you do have to book in advance...(unlike mjm90245 comments below just because there is only 3/4 ppl in a restaurant does NOT mean that they are NOT fully booked any clown knows that...)...and a wee food for thought to OTHER restaurants in inverness why can you NOT serve the food PIPING HOT like URQUARTS does....its not rocket sicence is it....???

1  Thank STARLITE10
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I was recommended here and was not disappointed, menu was varied, prices were good. Portions were generous and a lot of thought put into presentation. Sweets were great, will be passing on the favour !

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Been here 2 times. Only ate once.

First time I went was with work on a staff night out. The food was excellent and I had a really good meal. Large portion sizes and normal prices. The service was quite good, nothing to rave about but decent enough. I thought that it was a good restaurant so decided that I should go again but with friends next time.

So we went back again, I never booked but thought early evening cant be that busy, I was wrong. Went in and asked for a table but had to walk all the way to the bar as nobody was going to come over, to be told that there was no tables that night.... I took a look around the restaurant, It was silent and there was 2 tables with 2 people at each one.... so they were full all night and only had 4 people in the entire pleace.... I must look like a troublemaker or something I think!!!

To conclude my review I would say that the food is very good, but is let down with the service so I can only give a 3 star rating.

1  Thank mjm90245