All reviewswalk downtownvisit invernessa lovely stayexcellent hostsroom was clean and comfortablespent two nightsflat screen tvbed and breakfastblack puddingtea coffeescottish breakfastperfect locationthe riverbreakfast was excellentb and bloch nessgillian
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Fred was an awesome host, and very helpful with all our questions. The room was comfortable and fairly spacious. The bed was okay but the bedding very cozy. The ensuite was nicely updated and had a decent shower. In room amenities, including tv, wifi, hairdryer coffee/tea. The breakfasts were fabulous. The "cold bar" was so fully stocked with fresh fruit, yogurts and wide variety of cereals that it almost was a shame to have to choose between this and the hot meal. Eggs done to perfection any way, and the best bagels in a long time. The Atholdene House was perfectly located for walking to sites and shopping. Numerous eateries within 5-10 minute walk. Also great location if driving to exit easily for day trips. Nicely done Fred and family. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GreatDane67
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a delightful stay here. Penelope welcomed us with tea when we arrived. She and Fred had lots of very helpful suggestions about things to see and do in the area. The room was small but very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. We would certainly recommend this B&B to friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janeAnnArbor
Reviewed June 17, 2012

A recent visit to family in Inverness was made all the better with a brief but thoroughly enjoyable stay at this B&B. The wonderful hosts were helped by their lovely children and staff. The rooms were spacious, quiet, immaculately clean with lovely little touches. The breakfast was hearty and delicious (sorry we forgot to fill in the second day's request).Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Collin R
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Fred and Penelope couldn't have been more welcoming to our large family group (3 couples, 2 infants) all arriving at different times. Very good breakfasts. Nice comfortable rooms, in a mainly residential area but easy walking distance to the town centre and to the river. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I first stayed here from 6 May to 9 May. Freddie and Penelope have set up a beautiful guest house. They are the sweetest family I've met, and I genuinely enjoyed my stay. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable and honestly it was the perfect place to wind down from my travels up to that date. The breakfast was delicious, made that day, and served with the warmest smile. Freddie was kind and took time to explain areas of town that were noteworthy and scenic, and he was spot on with all of the recommendations.

I had to continue on my trip but my time there was so enjoyable that I decided to change the last bit of my trip to stay there again, from 26 May to 30 May. After having wandered the UK for nearly a month, it was the best environment in which to relax and reflect. Once again, I was greeted with warm smiles and a comfortable room. I was in a different room for the second stay, but it was just as wonderfully comfortable as the first.

I will gladly stay there any time I visit Inverness and I very highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room three faces West. Room one is by the main street. It's not a busy street, so both are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo