“Top class food and atmosphere”
Review of The Joy of Taste - CLOSED

The Joy of Taste
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Eaten lunch here a few times with my wife and friends and the food is always good without being exceptional, finally got round to having dinner and WOW the place transforms...... the menu is not extensive (which i like, very much of the opinion that you are better doing 10 dished brilliantly than 50 dishes poorly!) the ambience is friendly and informal. The food was outstanding, the Lamb maincourse is exquisite as was my wifes steak, never had wine but the selection is good and looks good value, if i were to describe the food in a sentence i would say, fine dining standard with a little bit more on the plate.

Definitely in my top 3 places to eat in Inverness

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Joy of Taste was an excellent value. Complete meals for less than 20£. The serving staff is all volunteer. They work for tips and end of the year bonus depending on the profits of the restaurant. My wife and I both had the "Scottish Griddled Sirloin Steak". It was cooked just right. very tasty. Get there early - the tables were all taken by 7:15pm on a Sunday night.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I cannot fault this meal. A small menu but still so difficult to choose because everything sounded amazing.
The food, service and price was fabulous. I cannot recommend this enough

Reviewed August 9, 2013

What a delight to find a " non-pretentious" restaurant that served excellent food
Called late on a Friday evening, and got a table even though by the time we sat, the majority of the clientele were finishing, so we decided to inconvenience the staff as little as possible and just choose mains.
Both my Sea Bass & my wife's lamb were cooked to perfection, and the whole ambience of the place was relaxed.
The staff were attentive without being intrusive and we felt the price for food & drinks was well reflected.........basically a great find and worthy of a return visit

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Visited this wonderful restaurant and was warmly greeted by attentive, helpful staff. Cosy unpretentious surroundings and although busy we did not feel rushed in the slightest. The menu delivered a good choice of seasonal food which when presented was well worth waiting for. We will certainly be coming back for more!! next time for pudding!! Well done everyone.