“Best romantic meal in Inverness.”
Review of The Joy of Taste - CLOSED

The Joy of Taste
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We arrived there without making a reservation and we were sat at a 6 person table as the other tables were booked.The Scottish king scallops with a garam masala I had as a starter was excellent and the Slow cooked shoulder of lamb for main was pretty good too. Dessert was also nice, White chocolate panacotta with fresh berries. My boyfriend complained about his Scottish griddled sirloin steak having a very strong burnt taste but he asked to be well cooked.The stuff didn't seem to be very professional land wasn't wearing any uniform but despite that I can say it's one of the best restaurants I have been to in Scotland.

There are newer reviews for The Joy of Taste

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had such a fun evening at The Joy of Taste, a real experience in more ways than one. The quirky concept of the restaurant with voluntary staff front of house which makes eating out very reasonable without compromising the quality of the food. We enjoyed our waiting staff who we found to be really refreshing and fun. The menu was interesting with a good selection of dishes. The food was absolutely beautiful, well presented and served on hot plates. The whole experience was excellent and didn't break the bank. My husband was reluctant to try the restaurant based on the price of the meal, he felt we could not get a good meal for such a reasonable price but he had to eat his words! We fully recommend a visit to The Joy of Taste.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was a really good dinner I had the scallops and they were so good, cooked to perfection and the taste, well I still thought of it the next morning. I also had the fish and it's good too but the taste in the veg was so vey good. My friend had the lamb and it was to die for, again she praised the tasty veg. The evening was a great success and I cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic vegan friendly meal that was tasty and imaginative - something different to what I often get offered. (I did call in advance)

Atmosphere and service very good. I'll definitely visit again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a last minute break in Inverness over the weekend and the landlady of our B&B recommended this restaurant. The food is amazing and portions just right. - as are the prices. This restaurant is staffed by volunteers who, we were told, do a few hours of work in exchange for a meal. Oh that we lived nearer and we would be beating down the door to volunteer. We ended up booking for the following night and, again, were not disappointed. Fabulous food and brilliant chef and staff. Will be the first place we will head for should we go to Inverness again.