“Worth a visit”

Ranked #10 of 93 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is sadly not an ancient cathedral and was opened for worship in 1869. Worth a visit if you are in Inverness but obviously has not got that wonderful sense of history ancient cathedrals have.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

my wife and I took with us our niece and her husband to show them this wonderful cathedral church in Inverness and especially the wonderful angel font . The memorials to the congregation members who were killed in the Great War are listed by name on the chancel steps wooden panels and there are others on memorials on the walls and one for a young soldier from the Boer War serving in the local regiment - Queens Own Cameron Highlanders.

A very peaceful building and wonderful and a must to visit

1  Thank Letham45
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The stillness and the calm and the sense of history. I would like to know more of the history of the different Scottish churches

1  Thank worldtraveller100000
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Interesting building, but not the atmosphere of the old Cathedrals of England (or St Andrews for that matter!)

2  Thank JML_Cumbria
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My partner and I like to visit churches in every place we visit - more him than me, admittedly! I used to go to St Andrew's occasionally when I lived near Inverness, but he hadn't been in for a while. Very well-kept and inviting, even late on a midweek afternoon. Lots of information available and in a variety of languages. Didn't go to a service this time, however in the past have found it to be friendly and welcoming. Well worth a visit, and not far from the city centre if you're unsure about walking!

2  Thank Fiona R