“Buzzing cafe, great food and a good cause”
Review of Cafe Artysans

Cafe Artysans
Ranked #2 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Inverness
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Delivering high quality, freshly prepared food and freshly roasted coffee, Cafe Artysans is an innovative social enterprise. Whilst delivering a high quality product, Cafe Artysans is helping young people throughout the area to develop the skills required for successful onward progression into sustainable work or vocational training.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We visited this café on a Saturday lunchtime and it was unsurprisingly busy. The staff are friendly, the café is welcoming and the food and drink on offer are a nice selection. The quality and portion sizes of the food were excellent, as was the value for money. Definitely worth a visit if you're nearby. Perfect for lunch of a cuppa!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were visiting Inverness for the weekend and came in here for breakfast. There was a nice choice and I had scrambled eggs on toast which were cooked perfectly and my husband had the full English. Both were delicious and the coffees were excellent too. Nice to see a place that does something for the community & gives young people a chance. I'd rather spend my money in places like this than hand it over to the big names who give nothing back to the community.

Would come back again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Lovely homemade soups with a tasty cheese scone followed by a very flavourful coffee. Great to see the place expanding.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Used to be a bit of a regular when I worked in the retail store opposite the cafe. Found myself in town on my lunch break today so stopped by for a takeaway. Very disappointing experience. There were three kids taking orders and serving today who clearly didn't know their back sides from their elbows. Ordered a goats cheese toastie to take away which I thought would be pretty straight forward but the waiter had no idea how much to charge for it. It then took at least 20 minutes for my toastie to arrive. No acknowledgement from staff of how long I had been waiting. No "it shouldn't be long now" and checking up on my order to see what's going on when I'm blatantly stood at the counter waiting. Finally toastie was in sight on plate with salad etc (I specified takeaway) and was directed to go to table 4 who then dismissed it as their order. I bit my tongue as I watched staff deliberate over who's order it was until they clicked that it was my take away. All I got from the lad was "here you go". No apology for the ridiculous wait or mix up. It really irked me and I won't be in any hurry to go back. I would suggest having a supervisor on with these youngsters to keep them right and some training in customer service wouldn't go a miss.

2  Thank WeeNessGirl
Scott M, Manager at Cafe Artysans, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank you for your time to write your review about our cafe, and Im sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your visit.

At Cafe Artysans, we pride ourselves in not only our food but also our customer service. As you will appreciate, as a social enterprise who work with young people in the workplace, we are continually working with our staff to improve and develop their skills. Unfortunately during the time you visited the cafe, it would appear that you were served by some of our newest team members - however this is something we will take into consideration.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is my cafe of choice when in town. Very clean, lovely staff, good tasty food well presented and giving young folk a chance and some training making it a cafe with a good ethos. Excellent coffee roasted on premises -you can buy a choice of beans to take home, and choice of teas as well as good varied menu for lunch and snacks. Oh yes and most importantly, beautiful tray bakes!